Has anyone dived Coast Guard Island in Alameda CA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Other way around. The group I'm with has been active since the early 80s when they purchased a Klein Side Scan and started searching the lake. I had an extensive library of research on lost (and some found) wrecks and we happened to be running with the same crowd. So naturally I joined and 13 years later we have made dozens of discoveries at the bottom of Lake Huron and a few in other lakes.
So let me get your opinion on something...

This is from the NOAA BAG survey in Bellingham Bay, which is all of half an hour from me here. There is no charted wreck at this location. I can't say for sure, but that sure looks like a wreck to me. How about you?

Unfortunately I won't know until I get my own boat in the water and / or can find someone to go dive it with.

Attachments

• Bellingham Possible.jpg
    Bellingham Possible.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 66
That has a pretty pronounced bow shape and there seems to be a debris field off to the upper portion of the image. Off the bow there is a crater with what could be a buoy cable. Also check the chart to make sure that that there is no undersea cables running across that wreck, nor a buoy anchored right on it.

So to me it looks like a wreck.

Back
Top Bottom