Has anyone got their hands on a Silent Submersion Minnus 1.5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second that! There are apparently a lot of Minnus 1.5's that have been sold, but almost no feedback! I am hoping someone that owns one can compare and contrast it to its big brother, the Magnus. I have seen what they both can do on paper, and have experienced the Magnus on the water. All I can say is I am thankful for padded crotch straps! Really would appreciate hearing from someone who has used a Minnus 1.5 (or at this point even a regular Minnus)

Frank

Not having used the Minnis or the 1.5, I can make some general statements as to what to expect... as I have ridden a Cuda, a Magnus, and standard Sierra and a Longbody Sierra. Generally, the shorter the tube, the more squirrely the ride. I noticed a difference between the standard Sierra and the longbody. The longbody felt much more stable than the standard as it to be expected. If whatever you choose is your first scooter, you probably will not notice anyhting as you won't have a lot (if any) trigger time on different rides to notice a difference. Weight only matters getting it to and from the water. Once its wet, weight is a moot point.

Fdarden...U thinking about getting a magnus now instead of a minnus 1.5?
Pensacola..I think it's clear that you are a fan favorite of the magnus! maybe Santa will get you one if you've been a good boy!

I can give some feedback...We just started selling the SS scooters so of course I had to take the new Minnus out for a test ride.
I was riding the standard Minnus - not the 1.5 version. Spent three days diving in Ginnie with it...
Absolutely loved it! Very lightweight to carry around out of the water and very easy to manipulate in the water. Great tight turns and all the thrust you need to enter in the Ear with no issues. The compact size is such a nice change from the large heavy scooters I have used in the past...and this one is faster! The throttle is easy to use and easy to change gears on the fly. Deploying reels or writing on a slate was very easy as the scooter was easily pushed out of the way while performing the these tasks. Call us if you want more feedback...
Geoffrey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom