Has anyone gotten a rapid COVID test in Egypt for a return flight to the US?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nippurmagnum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am hoping to do my long-postponed dive trip to Egypt in May. I know that the US now requires a COVID test prior to the return flight, and accepts a rapid/quicker/cheaper antigen test, as well as the more expensive and longer-to-get-results PCR test. I hear that antigen tests are available at the airports in Cairo and Hurghada. I don't yet have a route planned out, and it's somewhat dependent on the availability of COVID tests for the return flight. Ideally, I'd like to spend some time in Cairo after the liveaboard, but it's not essential.

BTW, for what it's worth, I have the Moderna vaccine, so I would hope the likelihood of infection/positive test would be low before the return trip, but that's of course a risk I'd be taking.

So my questions:

Has anybody found a dependable rapid antigen test in Egypt?

If you've gotten a rapid antigen test in an Egyptian airport, could you share any info on the days/hours that the test is available, and how much of a line you experienced?

Any other suggestions on how to get a COVID test for the return trip to the US?

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom