Has anyone heard who the new owners of God's Pocket will be?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Bill and Annie said the end-of-July was their walk-away date. . .

Annie told us that she would send out a broadcast email sometime today, I hope. They will be training the new owners in August, just when our next trip is scheduled. Merry and I are hoping to reschedule for September or October. Bill and Annie have kayakers there all through July but still plan to retire at the end of the month.

If I were God, I would buy it..........just because of the name.
Ahhh. . . but you would most likely need to be Canadian. It seems strange to complain about archaic maritime laws (the US certainly has their share) but my understanding is that you cannot get a Captains license in Canada unless you're a citizen.

Annie told us that she would send out a broadcast email sometime today, I hope. They will be training the new owners in August, just when our next trip is scheduled. Merry and I are hoping to reschedule for September or October. Bill and Annie have kayakers there all through July but still plan to retire at the end of the month.

That's awesome news that they found buyers. I haven't been up there yet, but it is on my list of must dive locations. Just a days drive up and down, but worth it.

my understanding is that you cannot get a Captains license in Canada unless you're a citizen.

Or God.

What is the exposure protection needed to dive this place? I'm going to assume it's a drysuit. Probably worth it to buy and learn drysuit just to dive here.

Back
Top Bottom