Has anyone seen or used the new Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I talked with SP and the distributor, they will fix the bungies and I'm paying for the shipping. And if there are any other recalls or upgrades to fix they will do those as well.

I just sent mine on Friday to our distributor to get all of the upgrades and bungie fix, I should get it back towards the end of next week. I have seen the latest units with the bungie fix and all 3 bungies are fixed to the back of the plate so that there is no movement of the wings from side to side. Here's hoping mine comes back the same. Mine was so bad that air would migrate to the right by just looking at it, you didn't have to be wearing it. Trim weights were impossible to use due to this issue. If the fixes are not the same as a new Rev 3 unit and still cause me issues, I might jump to a Lotus. I tried a ladies Zena this week and had a tough time getting the zipper done up once the weights were in the pockets and the BC was strapped to the tank. I'm sure it would have been easier on dry land but this was a shore dive. Otherwise it was the best fitting BCD I've ever worn.
I spoke with a Scubapro rep and he told me that only the two lower bungees are locked. The upper one is still moving freely. Scubapro will not upgrade any existing/used BC with a new bungee system.
I sent my new/unused Hydros back to LeisurePro because they told me that the Hydros they recently received from Scubapro had all the updates but it does not seem to be the case. They are checking their whole inventory but I am getting a new Hydros one way or another, either from them or from Scubapro directly.

I talked with SP and the distributor, they will fix the bungies and I'm paying for the shipping. And if there are any other recalls or upgrades to fix they will do those as well.

When did you buy the Hydros?

When did you buy the Hydros?
I bought it January 2018. It's been a nightmare BCD. On one trip it didn't matter too much because of high current (Cozumel), Turks and Caicos I needed to add 2 extra pounds to my left side (which balanced me out completely) and Indonesia, I just had a terrible time. They didn't have alot of choice weight wise and their weights were in kg not lbs. Very little weight in the front pockets (no weights in the trim pockets) helped but didn't fix the problem.

I've been told there is a fix for the bungies but that it would cost me money. After some negotiating we compromised: they pay for the bungie fix and I pay for the shipping both ways. Shipping is alot, but maybe I'll get a usable BCD out of this. Otherwise it was going to the scrap heap because I don't think anyone else would want to buy it off me. I've been trying different brand BCDs because I am disgusted with the whole Hydros Pro cost and poor functionality.

My BCD is on the way back with new shoulder straps and all 3 bungees replaced. Should get it tomorrow. Excited to try it this weekend. I'll give you an update on how it performs and what the bungee fix looks like.

I can't really take pictures of the fix, but @Andre_N is right, the two bottom bungees are fixed to the backplate and the top one is not. They actually have to replace the backplate and bungees to fix the buoyancy problem (which is now standard on the rev 3 design). They also replaced the straps as I mentioned above.

Buoyancy is perfect, tried it out at Christian Islands this morning. I'm a happy camper, finally.

I can't really take pictures of the fix, but @Andre_N is right, the two bottom bungees are fixed to the backplate and the top one is not. They actually have to replace the backplate and bungees to fix the buoyancy problem (which is now standard on the rev 3 design). They also replaced the straps as I mentioned above.

Buoyancy is perfect, tried it out at Christian Islands this morning. I'm a happy camper, finally.

Good to know you got your Hydros sorted out.

A few weeks ago I purchased a new Hydros Pro from my LDS (order) and the BCD I received was the latest version.

I wanted to dive this BCD before my upcoming trip so I arranged a pool session and within 1minute I immediately felt comfortable using this item (I felt like it was custom built just for me). Granted, I still have to things to figure out in an open environment but I wanted to share my initial impression.

Also, I wanted to thank everyone for their input. I found it very useful and educational.

Safe diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom