Has anyone tried on a Scubapro EverFlex?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

outofofficebrb

HARRO HUNNAYYY
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I have small wrists for my frame which has proven to be difficult for wetsuit shopping. The best fit I've gotten so far is the Aqua Lung Aqua Flex and then someone else recommended that I try the Scubapro Everflex. Has anyone tried the Scubapro EverFlex? What was your thought on it overall? Fit? Material? Any info helps...I'm trying to see if it's worth trekking out far to try one on. Bonus points if you have also tried on the Aqua Lung Aqua Flex and can compare the two. I like that the AquaFlex is super easy to get on and fits me so well everywhere -- probably because of the stretch.

Thanks!

Everflex is awesome! Highly recommend it. Their new sport steamers are made out of it too. It's way easier to get on than a regular wetsuit.

Unless you are set on a flex take a look at the Waterproof wetsuits too.

I own a 7/5mm Everflex. It's the suit I dive most often, as I pretty much only dive in lakes and springs at this point. I have a love-hate relationship with it. For lack of a better word, it can be a b*tch to get in and out of it. Being a 7mm though, this is simply the nature of the beast.

Besides taking it on and off though, it's a great suit. The build quality of it is excellent. There's rubber padding on the knees and shoulders. There's also extra material on the butt and the back of the legs to prevent scuffing when sitting down. The zipper is of great quality. The best part about the everflex suits are the seals. There's neoprene seals on the zipper, neck, wrists and ankles, so water flushing is minimal. I've taken it down to 123ft in 54F water with no problem (with a hood and gloves of course).

As far as fit, I've found that the Scubapro suits tend to be long in the arms for some reason. I have a Oneflex suit that I had to get tailored because the arms covered half my hand (I got a good internet deal on it though, which is why I bought it). The neck seal on the everflex also chokes me a little on the surface when I'm wearing a hood under it, but any discomfort goes away once I'm in the water. I may trim the neck seal eventually for this reason. I am a male however and I'm going to assume we have different body measurements, so you may very well find that none of these are the case.

I think it's worth checking out assuming you don't have to travel too far. While I haven't tried the aqualung (no bonus points for me), my OW instructors all wore the 7mm aquaflex and liked it. Happy hunting.

Last edited:
Unless you are set on a flex take a look at the Waterproof wetsuits too.
I won't lie, I'd buy that suit just based on the fact that it would make me look like a spaceman.
fo6jmgkit6te9cddcmbdzpjiyve.jpg

I own a 7/5mm Everflex. It's the suit I dive most often, as I pretty much only dive in lakes and springs at this point. I have a love-hate relationship with it. For lack of a better word, it can be a b*tch to get in and out of it. Being a 7mm though, this is simply the nature of the beast.

Besides taking it on and off though, it's a great suit. The build quality of it is excellent. There's rubber padding on the knees and shoulders. There's also extra material on the butt and the back of the legs to prevent scuffing when sitting down. The zipper is of great quality. The best part about the everflex suits are the seals. There's neoprene seals on the zipper, neck, wrists and ankles, so water flushing is minimal. I've taken it down to 123ft in 54F water with no problem (with a hood and gloves of course).

As far as fit, I've found that the Scubapro suits tend to be long in the arms for some reason. I have a Oneflex suit that I had to get tailored because the arms covered half my hand (I got a good internet deal on it though, which is why I bought it). The neck seal on the everflex also chokes me a little on the surface when I'm wearing a hood under it, but any discomfort goes away once I'm in the water. I may trim the neck seal eventually for this reason. I am a male however and I'm going to assume we have different body measurements, so you may very well find that none of these are the case.

I think it's worth checking out assuming you don't have to travel too far. While I haven't tried the aqualung (no bonus points for me), my OW instructors all wore the 7mm aquaflex and liked it. Happy hunting.

This is great info, thanks! Do you find that the EverFlex 7 is significantly warmer than other 7mm you've tried or about the same given the seals? This is what is intriguing to me because it's quite unique for something with a traditional back zip and not considered a "semi-dry".

Also, thank you @uncfnp for the suggestion!

Ha. Can't argue with that one. Eric almost wouldn't buy one just because of the looks. Fortunately the 3m isn't quite as dramatic. He has a five and a 3. They are wonderful well made suits and very warm. The wrist seal work very well and I think the suits in general run a bit small and the women's tend to be very contoured for the female shape.

image.jpeg
I won't lie, I'd buy that suit just based on the fact that it would make me look like a spaceman.
View attachment 376814

Last edited:
This is great info, thanks! Do you find that the EverFlex 7 is significantly warmer than other 7mm you've tried or about the same given the seals? This is what is intriguing to me because it's quite unique for something with a traditional back zip and not considered a "semi-dry".
Unfortunately I can't answer that question because this is the only 7mm I've owned. I haven't been diving very long you see and 7mm's are expensive, so I'm not planning on getting another until this one gets worn out. It's alot warmer than my 3mm's, I can tell you that lol.

All wetsuits have a dam at the zipper, but these are different. Scubapro calls them "glideskin" seals I believe. They're neoprene but feel slicker. They work pretty well. I'll still feel a little cold water seeping down my back when I first get in, but once I descend and the suit compresses the seals are pretty tight. I've even had to flush a little water in before because the suit started to squeeze me with the lack of water flushing. Scubapro doesn't call it a semi-dry, but it seems to function like one. Here's up close pictures of the glideskin seals:

Note the gold colored fleece inside the torso for added warmth. It should also be noted that mine's the old 2012 model.
IMG_0136.JPG

And here's the ankles:
IMG_0137.JPG

For comparison, here's my cheaper Oneflex suit with the regular neoprene zipper dam:
IMG_0144.JPG

Hope this helps.

@DaveJo127 You are so awesome for taking photos, thank you! I'm thinking of getting a 5mm, and then doing a semi dry 8 (skipping the regular 7mm) or by the looks of it, maybe even the EverFlex 7mm. I do have a 6/5/4 hooded vest. Looks like I should at least go try them on in a 7mm.

Thank you again!

No problem. Glad to help. The Everflex also comes in a 5/4mm if you want to go that route. The 7/5mm along with a hood and a pair of gloves has gotten me pretty much everywhere I've wanted to go so far as a recreational diver.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Back
Top Bottom