Has anyone tried one of these yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DSCI1504.jpeg

Scubapro suggested soaking the lens in hot dish soap so I took the lens out and did so when changing the left one to a +1.5 so far this is a really nice mask and the lens availability beats gluing magnifiers in. There are a lot of cheaper good masks out there but this one is high quality and the ease of lens swapping puts it over the top for me, my two Paragon’s now sit unused (along with a bunch of others).

View attachment 623695

Scubapro suggested soaking the lens in hot dish soap so I took the lens out and did so when changing the left one to a +1.5 so far this is a really nice mask and the lens availability beats gluing magnifiers in. There are a lot of cheaper good masks out there but this one is high quality and the ease of lens swapping puts it over the top for me, my two Paragon’s now sit unused (along with a bunch of others).

Did the fogging issue eventually resolve? I've found that most UV protection masks have this challenge.

Did the fogging issue eventually resolve? I've found that most UV protection masks have this challenge.
The hot dish soap soak seemed to do the trick, just use baby shampoo and no fog issues.

I have the Wide skirt model. The fit is excellent. The default lenses do have a UV Protective coating applied. The corrective lenses do not. I have the readers installed.

Definitely an expensive mask, but when compared to my SCUABPRO Frameless with bonded lenses...it ends up cheaper.

My only complaint is that the color kits (lens bezels) scratch very easily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom