Has anyone tried the DGX Sharp Cut?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have it and like it on my harness waist belt. Easy to get to and cuts well. Post-dive rinse it well and dry it off, should have no problems.

It looks A LOT like the Trilobite; I wonder if the blades are interchangeable?
What kind of options are there for mounting? I like to put cutting tools where I can get to them with one hand.
Thanks

Slips on any 2" webbing. I like it on waist belt left side. Not sure about interchange with Trilobite blades. Ask DGX, I've found them very helpful.

I have two of them. They're great.

There's an elastic loop sewn on the back and the idea is that you pass 2" webbing through it. I have a Hogarthian harness so I had to take the harness apart to put the holster on it. I have it on my right shoulder strap with a metal slide next to it to keep it from moving down the strap. Cutting tool itself is well secured in the holster by velcro, very safe yet accessible. I've used mine to cut my way out of monofilament once already. Blades are ceramic and shouldn't require a post-dive rinse.

Well, I'm sold. I shouldn't have a problem finding a home for it on my DR BC.
THANKS!!

I have the Trilobite, the DGX looks exactly the same. I have mine on my waist belt. I've used it once for real, got entangled in heavy monofilament on a night dive on a wreck, worked like a charm. I have used it many times to take monofilament off the reef, like cutting butter.

I like the idea of no rust. I used my Eeasy cut and once side wouldn't cut. Lots of rust on that side.

I'm going to order one today. DGX has great prices (I am not affiliated w/ DGX in any way) & this seems to be a bargain!
The ceramic blades both worry & impress me. Ceramic is quite brittle but shouldn't rust. Brittleness shouldn't matter given the design, but still... IF I need the cutter then I NEED it.
If a blade broke (the way I see it) there is another one & I always carry more than one cutter. I like the DR Z (NOT the guitar amps LOL) knife, too. I'll probably get one of those one day to compare them.
Thanks to all for your input!

I haven't taken mine apart yet but I believe there are two separate blades, one for each side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom