Has anyone tried the Liquid Image camera/mask unit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My suggestion.. don't take a hand held camera diving quite yet, get your skills and experience tuned up first. As much of a photo maniac as I am... too many vacations end with funerals. No picture is worth that!

I'm sorry, I have to call BS on this one. Do you have any statistics for this? While I think getting better at diving before worrying a bunch about photos is certainly a good idea, this kind of FUD is completely annoying.

If you can find 2 divers that have died specifically as a result of being newbies and not controlling ascent or whatever due to a camera, I'd be surprised.

Controlling buoyancy is a good idea but the attitude here of "you're going to die" is complete nonsense.

I just bought a Nikon Cool pic L22 with Ikelite housing, both for $369. It's compact, relatively inexpensive and it's point and shoot. It takes really good video also, and uses 2 double AAs (as opposed to the rechargeable square batteries that Sea LIfe has. Those stopped holding a charge after about 8 months). I'm not a pro, and will never be, but this is a fun camera.

I have bonica snapper hddv hand held video camera. As much as I love it I always wished I had something like this mask but after seeing one up close in a dive shop I cant say that I care much for them. If I had to buy a new camera I would want a passive camera because it is very annoying to have to hold mine all the time especially since its positively buoyant. I want a passive camera that is located at eye level pointing at some angle down... kind of like... parallel to the tanks but 20-30% down.

There is a shoulder camera out there and I think it would be really cool to have something like that for divers. Here is a photo:
_45290983_shoulder_cam.jpg

I just googled that camera and 2 videos on youtube shot by Shaka Doug with that mask came up. Maybe you should ask him about it as well. Just search for him/the videos because I can't post links yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom