• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Has anyone tried these weight belt pouches?

Discussion in 'Buoyancy Compensators (BC's) and Weight Systems' started by WI Scuba Dave, Mar 7, 2020.

1. wetb4igetinthewater

wetb4igetinthewater Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I much prefer rubber weight belts and low profile weights (so some 2 lb'ers) for diving with a single tank and BP/W.

swimlikethefish likes this.
  2. jonhall

jonhall Manta Ray

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    My LDS has the XS Scuba single pouches. Bought one that I would have sworn slid over my tank strap. Have a travel BC so not many options. Pretty sure it wasn't the Velcro. Liked it because I could just leave it on the strap - very first dive with it and I happened to need an extra weight; getting on the boat after the dive, there was no weight pouch! We had gone through a very tight swim through and I may have brushed the top. Couldn't figure out how it came off the strap. Did the same dive the next day but couldn't find it.

I'm still getting another one though.

3. RIHappyDiver

RIHappyDiver Barracuda

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I think you’re looking at the quick attach version, which is what I have. There is another that is available through Leisure Pro that has webbing belt loops. Also by XS Scuba.

4. JackD342

JackD342 Dive Shop

The quick attach should Ben trapped by the cylinder band when tightened - no way to get knocked off. The lost pouch may not have been attached correctly. Or perhaps it was threaded on the loose tail of the strap rather than inside the buckle?

5. Bob DBF

Bob DBF Solo Diver

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Ive been using an XS Scuba belt and weight and trim pockets for years on my scuba rig because I change belt weights, and sometimes trim weights, when I change between tanks. They have held up well and will buy them again when they wear out.

I use a rubber belt for free diving, and would use it when scuba diving if I didn’t use a variety of tanks.

WI Scuba Dave likes this.
  6. Scared Silly

Scared Silly Regular of the Pub

We have been using these trim pockets on our tanks: Trim Weight Pouch

The hook and pile (Velco) is very stout and we can easily but two three pound weights in there. A bit more expensive, but could work on a weight belt.

7. WI Scuba Dave

WI Scuba Dave Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    0EDB6504-DA1D-4ECE-B475-E6BD2B3A4007.jpeg Thanks everyone! I thought you may like to see what I ended up with. These pouches are by Mares ... have both Velcro and plastic fasteners to secure the flap. And the belt loops are sewn. They hold a maximum weight of 4 pounds each. The big test will be when I finally dive using it. But they seem pretty rugged.

Pouches are $9 bucks apiece from Divers Supply.