Has DRIS jumped ship?

Has DRIS jumped ship?

• Yes, service is slipping

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • No, they're as good as ever

Votes: 23 76.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike, glad you showed Dante. Folks, if you go to visit, if Dante is there, he'll welcome you with kisses. He comes running if you yell "steak!" :D He loves helping you to shop. I named my tanks (like I name my guns) and mine have a literary/pet theme. One is named after Dante. :D

And I thought that I was special having the 5¢ tour the times that I was in the shop and you went and showed the whole world! My local shop is here in NJ so I have no vested interest. I only got to stop in DRIS because I was out there for work and had some down time and what better to do (besides diving) on downtime than tour dive shops. The times that I have ordered I have received items quickly except for one time during the Black Friday sale they had to wait for one item from a supplier. It took about two weeks but I was not in a rush for the shipment. They could have done a partial shipment but I was in no rush. Christmas gifts to myself. Customer service was responsive to emails (I probably handled most of the inquiries through the on-line chat)/

DRIS is a great b&m shop. As you can see in the video they have everything crammed into a small space. Oh, and they have two dive boats also! No, they weren't in the shop but I am hoping to get out on one this summer when I go back out for work. And a good on-line site that is easy to navigate to top it off.

I was at Beneath the Sea last year and you know who was there along with all of the manufacturers? That's right, Dive Right in Scuba. I think the only other retailer that I saw at the show was Piranha. What Mike said in the video is all true. .

I just ordered a couple backup lights from DRIS and they shipped same day. I'm more an occasional as opposed to frequent customer of DRIS but same day shipping has tended to be the norm for me.

Looking at the video it looks like you guys are working your butts off. I'm wondering if people don't realize you are mainly a brick-and-mortar store with an online section that allows the rest of the country access to the wide variety of brands you offer. Comparing you to the online only large distributors isn't necessarily fair, however when you begin to open up an online section people begin to expect the same kind of turnaround time and delivery times. The video is helpful to see how small you actually are. Seems like scaling to the online side of business is going to take more manpower/resources as you discussed getting a bigger store etc.

Thanks for the video it was very helpful. I love doing business with you guys and will continue to do so. To give completely honest feedback however I will say if I want something quickly and need something fast I tend to go with someome else because over the last six months most of my orders have had some kind of delay in processing/delivery from DRIS (although like you said may be the fault of the manufacturer). Having said that, most of my orders still go to you because you offer the customer support I want and the brands that I want. Just referred someone to you for dry suit purchase a couple of months ago.

I was at the Ghost Ships Festival in Milwaukee this weekend. All Great Lakes shipwrecks and diving them. :D. There were two or so local dive shops there from WI, but DRIS' booth was huge and was bigger than both combined. :D

They get way too much of my paycheck. :(

I'll give you a thumbs up for answering this thread, and being on here in general. This is the second time in recent weeks that I've been impressed with you... hopefully I'll have the chance to do business with you in the near future.

Thanks for the behind the curtain look.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

The thread took a new and interesting turn about the changing nature of the scuba industry that was split off into a different thread in the Basic Scuba forum.

The changing Scuba Industry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom