Has scuba replaced anything in your life?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luckily I live in an apartment so I don't have to worry about yard work, but the plants on my screen porch are looking a bit neglected :( I have given up pretty much all of my other extra curricular activities. I am either diving, teaching diving, advancing my diving knowledge, or thinking about what the next DIVING activity is going to be.

Thought I would miss being in a relationship but being in the dive community and having so much access to diving here in S. Florida has made this not a priority for me.

Wow...never thought I would give it up...But my Harley is for sale...In Wisconsin we only have a few precious warm days....So not enough time for both...

I gave up friends..:D....oops, no that what I gained because of scuba. I did however give up being a couch potato and now spend all my spare time underwater. I even put a tank on and float in the bottom of the pool just to be underwater.

I gave up spending time with my wife--now all I do when I come home is log on here and read and learn. Needless to say, this puts me in the dog house..... Oh yeah, golf has almost become non-existent, and now I can plan vacations to interesting places to see new and interesting things....

I had a slow dive season this summer. Next season I plan on diving every weekend (hopefully). I guess my house work and my relationship will suffer some.

Scuba replaces money with extra space in my wallet.

I gave up smoking to take up SCUBA. Best decision of my life!!! My husband came along for the ride, now he's hooked. My friends (the ones who have stuck around) have to listen to my dive reports and stories. The house suffers. I hate cleaning. My husband has been trying to get to the garage for months but apparently my desire to dive is more important. He really like to keep my happy! :D

Well, I'm noticing that I don't have room in my life for one more obsession. Therefore, something has to go. The dogs have been a little neglected, but I'm thinking of giving up cleaning my house.

What has gone to the wayside in your lives?

disposable income! :D

I gave up watching TV on the weekends.

I gave up clubbing and drinking on the weekends when I started diving. This is probably not a bad thing.

(edit) didn't realise I was in Women's views here... I'll excuse myself now.

Good on ya. For an aussie bloke that's a huge sacrifice. :shocked2:

Me too, (given up drinking on weekends when I dive) except I'm an expat in Northern Florida and have given up cruise holidays and Orlando Disney trips for saving up for dive holidays. Just certified in August.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom