Has scuba replaced anything in your life?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't noticed anything that I have/do less of (except money) in fact just the oposite. Diving has dded a new and exciting and totally enjoyable chapter in my life. I can't seem to get enough of it. Instead of watching TV in the evenings, I'm reading SB and planing my next dives.

I don't think I've given up anything... in fact it has added to my life. My husband and I now have something to really do together, that encourages us to communicate more... we women love that! :D

And now my daughter who is 16 is taking her OW Cert class, her first time in the water will be this Saturday, and I will be there right beside her.

So I guess it's creating more wonderful memories for me to add to our family album.

Diving has definitely changed how I spend most of my vacation time now. Prior to diving, most of my vacations involved 7-10 day trips backpacking in the mountains or wilderness canoe trips. My wife doesn't enjoy sleeping outdoors or going without bathing for days at a time but graciously allowed me to go without her. Some friends encouraged us to get certified and we've both loved it from the get go. Now, the majority of our vacation time is spent diving together and I do my wilderness thing on long weekends with the kids.

The Ex. I think I got the better end of the deal in the end.

the only thing I gave up for scuba was where I lived. I am Hungarian, so we do not have palm trees, oceans and summer all year around. Ice diving and orienteering diving was fun for a while...

and one day I woke up, told my mother that I wanted to travel the world and scuba for a living. she said it was a hobby, not a job but let me go anyway. Scuba took me around the world. I worked as an instructor in Malta, the UK (don't ask why!), Thailand and now living in California. 10 years have passed and my mum doesn't say anymore that diving is just a hobby, but not too happy that I live as far from her. :)

Recently......Gave up my husband....now I can really get out there! Need Drysuit, Computer and new BCD....anybody want to buy some rings????

Scuba has not took the place of anything for me. It added more to my life. My buddy is my husband and a great person to be around. Vacations are not just vacations, they are now dive vacations.

Back
Top Bottom