Has the COVID-19 situation changed your gear purchasing habits?

Has COVID-19 changed the likelyhood you'll purchase gear right now?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rollin Bonz

*insert catchy phrase here*
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Haven't seen any threads addressing this, so thought I'd ask. Mods feel free to move if there is a better sub for it...

Has the current situation affected your gear purchasing habits?

Dive gear, like most of my discretionary spending, is on hold until everything stabilizes.

I'm not really sure this is completely logical, but I'm waiting to see how two LoB bookings (April and May) work out before purchasing a new Perdix AI. If I take a big loss on the two trips, then I suspect I won't be in a shopping mood.

There's a lot of uncertainty with how long this will go for and while I have a job where I can work from home and I am far up in the ladder enough and insulated, relatively speaking, that if layoffs do need to happen, I would be one of the last ones. However, if this goes on for long enough (exact time still TBD), my job and the business I work for is at risk....so, there's definitely a conscious approach to not be spending as much right now and saving as much as I can for a possible rainy day until I know more. It's not like I can go diving now anyway, nor do I really need new gear ASAP.

I was willing to support my local dive shop but they are all closed because of the current situation. Diving is pretty much put on hold here so I guess I better keep my money for essentials right now.

Can't vote. My buying habits haven't changed but other than air and needed visuals, etc. I tend to never spend anything unless something breaks or is lost (like my weight pocket last year). As mentioned elsewhere, am mostly of Scottish ancestry....You can stereotype a people if you're one of them-- for some reason.

Unfortunately I'm self-employed and mostly make a living selling luxury goods so most of my income has dried up thus no more unnecessary purchases.

The items I need to get are expensive - heated vest and trimix analyzer. I’ll wait to get them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom