Has this happened to you in Fiji?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting, we had something not quite like that - we arranged everything through the dive op which was how you report had a fine on water operation but poor office operation. The hotel was great. At one point we asked the hotel owner should we just pay you directly. She said no pay them I will get my money. In the end, once we got the correct amount they made the mistake of adding on and noting a fee for using our credit card. When we got home one quick call to the credit card company along with the receipt got that refunded.

At least at this point it sounds like you square - I would just walk away but perhaps not before writing a short note the island's trade bureau. Probably will not do much other than make you feel better.

So no word since her last harassing phone call to Tony a month ago! So sadly she will not defend her position, because it isn't defensible, and no trying to make it right! Too bad, just be aware! Book all trips to this resort through the resort ONLY and they will make the dive arrangements for you at no extra cost and without the hassle! Wananavu resort was great and I highly recommend it!

Latest up date: She has dropped the request to pay more, but there is salt in the wound! I looked at my credit card and the billing and I PAID FOR THE MESSAGE (SP?) and other things that were supposed to be included! So the moral of the story is pay up front, but be sure to know what your getting! Also booking at this resort only use the resort and never the dive shop!

Bummer you had pay for the massage - and it probably did not come with a happy ending either. So you really got ripped off!!!!!!

Perhaps a moral to this story is that Travel Professionals are worth using! You have someone here at home ot help settle these kind of issues.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Just found out the owner hit my credit card without authorization! I will be taking legal action soon! This has been a nightmare thanks to Julie!

If properly funded, I think I could gather a small contingent of guys to "deal with him once and for all" in person and get some diving in too :D. Sorry it is still going on. I would hope that because of everything that has gone on, your credit card company refused his charge.

Just found out the owner hit my credit card without authorization! I will be taking legal action soon! This has been a nightmare thanks to Julie!

Might I suggest having your CC company issue you a new card (with a new number). At least then they can not charge to it. Probably should have made this request after their first couple of attempts. Good luck and have fun. BTW Does this outfit have any ties to the USA or just Fiji?

It's hard to believe that they are still trying to pull that stunt on you after all this time. I guess they are really hard up for money. You'd think they would just go away and let it be. Idiots!

Looks like Darwin got another one. I emailed Wananavu today to see if both of kai viti's boats were running.Their reply--"kai Viti is no longer in operation." Their op is now Dive Wananavu and they have a brand new 36 foot boat with head and shower and say they will do the same sites as kai viti dove in the past.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom