Hate the name: Dive Con

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will you contact the television show, Beachfront Bargainhunt, or Carribean dreamhomes? I love watching people evaluate properties for income and home space purposes.

Oh man... I can enjoy watching shows like that but there is NO WAY I would open my life up to the type of ridicule I throw at the people on those shows! Haha.

Yes, completely understood there. I'm looking at DM or DCS as a stepping stone to Instructor. It'll be a matter of convenience and timeline to choose whether I want to do DCS here in Texas with my LDS or go spend a few weeks or a month in warm water doing a DM program... then I definitely want to do my Instructor training in warm blue water :wink:

Thanks! That's exactly the question now--I'd like to be moving to the Caribbean in the next year or 18 months to teach (and I'm looking to invest in property for income, too), so I'm considering doing DM training locally first then go do an Instructor course in the Caribbean.

This is all assuming I can get my family on board for the move :wink:
In general, when planning for major steps, I advocate starting with the end in mind. Some people call the process backwards planning or something along those lines. If you are going to take a long journey, start by understanding where you want to be at the end, then look at where you are now, and finally figure the best path from one to the other. If you start off without knowing where you will end up, you can take many a wrong turn.

I would start first by figuring out where you want to live in the Caribbean and then evaluating what kind of training you will need to be able to work there. If you know that, you will know what your first step must be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom