Have any of you guys ever shot a real gun underwater, or as shark repellent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raybo once bubbled...

I need one of those for my sailboat. Those things are worse than mosquitos.

Around here we've taken to referring to them as "Lake Lice"
Jet Skis= Lake Lice
Geeze !
I really like that !
Yep, i'm gona' get me one of them .50 cal Powerheads for my Rhino Speargun.

while on vacation in the mid east...i picked up this u.s. army surplus back pack nuke from some guy named ossama.

will it work underwater?

The Army didn't have the backpack nukes, those were for the Seals & Marines.
The military handle for the critters is SADM, [cue eerie music]:tease:
stands for "Special Atomic Demolition Munition".

You can order the training film from Bechtel: http://www.osti.gov/historicalfilms/opentext/data/0800031.html

cool deal there bob3...thanks about 2kilitons worth....while im at it...got any films about this xtra terrestrial shoulder filed neutron impeller blow your a-- to vapor gun i bought while in roswell>>??

Diver0001 once bubbled...
My guess is that your ray-gun or whatever it was
This is sarcasm right?
Diver0001 once bubbled...
Ever try shooting a moving target from anything other than point-blank range? How about one 20 times faster than you? R.. [/B]
Yes... skeet and trap come to mind.

Political motivations aside, if you don't know what your talking about..... well you know.

Bob3The Army didn't have the backpack nukes, those were for the Seals & Marines.[/B]
Funny, many years ago I used to guard the things... for the Army. Are you sure? :D

... many years ago I used to guard the things... for the Army.
Hey, divulging classified info is good for 10 years, $10,000, or both.
Luckily they usually let minor discretions slide, so as not to lend credability to them. Not that any gradeschooler can't look the info up in the Funk & Wagnals anyhoo.:wink:
What's the time frame? Maybe the Navy gave theirs to the Army when they got old, like they did with the food. :tease:

I have friends who work for the Arkansas Game & Fish Commission and are enforcement divers. In other words, they get to dive a great deal while enforcing spear fishing.

These divers carry a Glock; however, it's not for protection underwater. It's used if things get out of hand when they bring divers up to check for illegal activties.

I am actually a Glock armorer. Yes, you can fire one underwater, but if you do there are a few things you better make sure to do if you plan on trying this. If you don't, your handgun could actually blow up. First, make sure you charge the handgun underwater to make sure the barrel is full of water, otherwise there is too much pressure in the barrel the round must overcome due to the air inside it. You also should replace the spring clips which are attached to the firing pin assembly. This piece should be replaced with the ones which are grooved for water. These are available only to Navy Seals (so I am told), but you can easily groove your own. Basically, I would not try it without switching/ grooving the spring clips. They advertise that this gun is firable underwater, but they fail to say what you need to do to do it right.

sharkman
:guitar:

It sounds like everyone is armed to the teeth. Isn't shooting a gun underwater just like when the astronauts fired one on the moon and then had to plot it's trajectory for the next several missions. I mean, what's the point?

The one place I thought I was safe from all the street violence,..... oh woe is me
:maniac: :maniac:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom