Have my hands on a Sea&Sea DX-3100...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bombadil1977

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A friend has simply 'offered' her Sea&Sea DX-3100 to me to check out on my next dive to Bonaire in a month.

So fact is that I have a simple Canon PowerShot SD750 with a housing that I've been taking mostly excellent pictures & videos with for the last several years.

I have dry-shot some pics with the DX-3100 here in the house around, and those pics look like underwater pics will be decent too, but I wonder...so I ask anyone to give me some feedback about this Sea&Sea DX-3100 camera if anyone's had one, used it, gotten extraordinary pictures with it, think the bulk is worth it, found it to be just-the-best or now outdated, or whatever. The friend dove with it a couple of times, wasn't savvy and she said the pics weren't good, so the camera's been sitting on a shelf for several years.
:cool2::):idk:

bombadil1977

My bet is that if you put the right lens (i.e. 60mm macro or 10-17 FE Tokina), and get your setting right, then you would enjoy the housing. I would give Reef Photo a call to talk more about the other accessories that you need. These guys have really helped me a lot over the last 5 years of "building" my housing for my D200.

The DX-3100 is about 9 years old. It doesn't take any lenses like a 60mm lens or a Tokina. Technology has changed a lot since then. But if you enjoy using old cameras then you will some fun with it. Good luck!

Yes you know it was such a clunky piece, and all in all not worth the space during traveling, so I gave it back to her. Though I reckon it would take decent pics.

Back
Top Bottom