Have you tested positive for COVID?

Have you tested positive for COVID?

• I didn’t test positive, but I had it.

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • I tested positive, but was asymptomatic/minimal symptoms

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • I tested positive, it was the worst.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I tested positive and was hospitalized.

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • I tested positive and am a long hauler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not been tested, nor have I been sick

Votes: 86 43.4%
  • I was tested negative

Votes: 81 40.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wookie

Proud to be a Chaos Muppet
Staff member
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
have you tested positive for COVID? How bad was it?

Didn't see an option for tested, but negative (but yeah, I see what you're getting at Wookie). My university has gone completely on-line this semester and we are required to get tested monthly to be on campus. I'm really grateful for the ability to work remotely when so many people don't have that luxury. A huge thank you to all the workers out there who have to go to work with the public each day in order to make a living.

Didn't see an option for tested, but negative (but yeah, I see what you're getting at Wookie). My university has gone completely on-line this semester and we are required to get tested monthly to be on campus. I'm really grateful for the ability to work remotely when so many people don't have that luxury. A huge thank you to all the workers out there who have to go to work with the public each day in order to make a living.
Fixed

To follow up the question of how bad was it, my cousin's entire family had it. They are young (20's) and said it was really bad. They had the normal flu-like symptoms in addition to serious GI issues. Age is obviously a factor, but outside of that, the enormous variability in illness doesn't seem to be very predictable.

No. I have been tested several times since I do not work from home. All have been negative and I hope to stay that way. I am probably low priority for a vaccine.

Not me personally, but my best friend got it in mid November from his wife who is a doctor and brought it home from the hospital. I wouldn't say he is in the best shape or health (slightly overweight and diabetes and both over 50) and he had to do a couple of days in the hospital, but they are both in Roatan diving now (about 3 weeks later). Everyone else I personally know who had it (sample size of about 8 people ranging in ages from 21-65) ranged from bad flu for a few days to barely knew they had it but felt sick and weak.

have you tested positive for COVID?
In February 2020 there were no tests yet, diagnosis was done by MD after realising it wasn't pneumonia. 9 months later, blood plasma positive for anti-bodies (levels are steadily going down).
How bad was it?
After covid, you'll laugh at influenza. You're ill for days like you have the flu, you start to feel better and then within 20 minutes you go from quite okay to feeling totally wrecked.
My lungs were very painful for several days, only able to sleep on my left side. Recovery took another week. Younger people may recover much faster than me.

Had to get tested and was negative.

it was really nasty, had it before there was testing available but I have the antibodies and am 100% positive I had it after many hours of close interaction with contractors from Northern Italy. It was REALLY rough for me, 0/10, do not recommend

I have it now, will get tested tomorrow (I’ve been offshore) and this really sucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom