Have you tested positive for COVID?

Have you tested positive for COVID?

• I didn’t test positive, but I had it.

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • I tested positive, but was asymptomatic/minimal symptoms

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • I tested positive, it was the worst.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I tested positive and was hospitalized.

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • I tested positive and am a long hauler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not been tested, nor have I been sick

Votes: 86 43.4%
  • I was tested negative

Votes: 81 40.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Wookie

How are you feeling i hear Jaba is very mad he can't extract revenge on you because your quarantined.

Shouldn't we already know the reactions?
Those which show up after a few months, yeah.

Those which show up after half a year, a year or more? Not quite so much. You could of course wait 20 years to be 100% certain, but right now we just effing can't afford that.

It is kind of interesting, my own emotional “reaction” to getting the vaccine.

The pandemic has taken a fairly profound mental toil on all of us but perhaps more so to some of us in healthcare. The risk of infection. lack of sufficient ppe, work stressors coupled with the social distancing and shutdowns have been difficult.

I know we are not there yet and precautions will be in place for months to come but just the act of getting that first dose of vaccine was like a great weight lifted off my shoulders. I have visions of life returning to “normal.” Meeting my friends for lunch, group/family gatherings without the undercurrent of fear that someone will get sick. Travel and diving!

And of course not having to dress like Darth Vader at work!

Thats the part that worries me, gathering data on reactions on a vaccine being actively administered in large numbers.

Shouldn't we already know the reactions?

We do based on the data that we have, but CDC and the medical community would be remiss and scientifically incorrect if we/they didn't continue to collect data. CDC has just found a way to streamline it.

We do based on the data that we have, but CDC and the medical community would be remiss and scientifically incorrect if we/they didn't continue to collect data. CDC has just found a way to streamline it.

So it's a normal thing when new vaccinations are released just gone digital this time around?

So it's a normal thing when new vaccinations are released just gone digital this time around?

I think this situation is unique - you don't typically see so much focus around a single medication or medication class. Any adverse drug event is a reportable condition though, new or old.

I think this situation is unique - you don't typically see so much focus around a single medication or medication class. Any adverse drug event is a reportable condition though, new or old.

Ok, good to learn something new.

Well, to be more specific, we have data on the (minimal negative) reaction over 3 months in 30,000 subjects, and we are extrapolating from that data. Personally, that's good enough for me to be willing to get the jabs considering the alternative risk, but I can understand that other people have questions.

Well, to be more specific, we have data on the (minimal negative) reaction over 3 months in 30,000 subjects, and we are extrapolating from that data. Personally, that's good enough for me to be willing to get the jabs considering the alternative risk, but I can understand that other people have questions.

More like adding information to the initial dataset, but yes, I agree completely.

Back
Top Bottom