Have you tested positive for COVID?

Have you tested positive for COVID?

• I didn’t test positive, but I had it.

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • I tested positive, but was asymptomatic/minimal symptoms

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • I tested positive, it was the worst.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I tested positive and was hospitalized.

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • I tested positive and am a long hauler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not been tested, nor have I been sick

Votes: 86 43.4%
  • I was tested negative

Votes: 81 40.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was supposed to be in group 1A here, but since my company is based in North Carolina and I don't technically work for any of the local hospitals or clinics I go into every day, I got skipped over. I'm registered for sometime in the next couple of weeks, so we will see how it goes....

In short, it's because governments have poured money into it in an amount greater and at a rate faster than any vaccine before it. The money, the reduction in red tape and a large willing pool of trial volunteers means the process simply went faster, no shortcuts were taken.

The other reason the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines were developed so quickly is that the mRNA technology on which they were based was developed over a number of years, and was fortunately at the ready when COVID came along.

I volunteered for the Moderna vaccine trial three months ago, and got the two shots. From what I could see, no shortcuts were being taken. The follow-up/monitoring was very detailed.

Most of these are SARS round 1 vaccines. The work had pretty much all been done and it was just a matter of tweaking it to Covid and getting it into some arms to prove efficacy and safety....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom