Have you tried Hollis F2's with SM?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, they are a good fin. Sturdy with good straps, short and fairly light. Helicopter, frog and back kicks have been easy. They don't kick near as hard as a tec fin IMO. Makes me want a heavier kicking fin for doing more than 1 or 2 tanks.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk

So far F2 fins performs like the Scubapro Jet Fins. Only difference is that they are much lighter. If the springs are removed, F2 will be floating. But having said that, the F2 performance is good enough for me on my single or twin sidemount diving. No issue in fighting current, easy to maneuver, ability to perform various kicking style. Downside is that the lightness of the fins make it hard to balance on SM diving when you are holding two tanks in front. Otherwise it is perfect.

I brought a pair for travelling as they are much lighter and a fair bit shorter then my F1's . They take some getting used to as they lack impulsion (compared to the F1s). Diving with people using F1s meant I had to work a fair bit harder to keep up. Decided to keep them as spares and for the pool - I will pay the excess baggage next time and take my F1s!

Hmmm watching this thread with interest.... I dive F1's but have been considering some F2's just for travel use as my F1's are just insanely heavy! Most of my holiday type diving is low current, warm water, easy diving.... so very interested to see how this thread goes!!!

Hmmm watching this thread with interest.... I dive F1's but have been considering some F2's just for travel use as my F1's are just insanely heavy! Most of my holiday type diving is low current, warm water, easy diving.... so very interested to see how this thread goes!!!

If you can source them, Posiedon Trident fins are father good, lighter, smaller but still have good properties of a Jet. Very similar to the HOH Tech II fin but HOG have no distributor in the U.K. so Poseidon/possibly UTD are the only options for that.

I love the UTD fins for their neutral buoyancy. However they have nowhere near the power of the F1 for flutter kick. So they are way more compact and precise for maneuvering, awesome for frog kick, but they suck for long surface swims.

Tradeoffs. I wish there were a neutral fin that had the power of F1 and the precision of UTD fins. Perhaps OMS slipstream is the best compromise? How does F2 compare?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom