Having the Hog Reg serviced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tddfleming

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at the Hog Regs, however, there are no dive shops around me for service and I do not feel qualified enough to do my own. How can these regs be serviced?

I can sell you the kits to service it and any competent tech can do it. But if you buy it from me you can also send it my way and I can service it for you at a good price and with fast turnaround.

If you can't find anyone close, call these guys, they work on pretty much anything. They are local to me and I know the techs. While not the cheapest place you will find, they are are one of the best shops around and are one of the largest repair facilties on the east coast. Unlike most places, they are professional reg techs, all they do is scuba gear service, no sales or instruction. AirTech Scuba Services: Your life support equipment is our priority.

I do not recommend Airtech for servicing of EDGE or HOG.

I have quite a few great dealers that would be happy to service your gear and turn around is very fast.

Best regards,

Chris

they have serviced HOG gear in the past without having HOG service kits and also were unaware of the proper torque specs on the 5th port.

The service they were charging a customer for would also have been covered under warranty.

they have serviced HOG gear in the past without having HOG service kits and also were unaware of the proper torque specs on the 5th port.

The service they were charging a customer for would also have been covered under warranty.

Since these guys are independent techs and do not seem to be an auth dealer, would they not charge for fixes?? If something is covered under warrenty, would they be paid for the work via Edge??? Just trying to figure this out, not start a war. If not paid via Edge, then they would have to charge for any work, warrenty or not. True???

I have quite a few great dealers that would be happy to service your gear and turn around is very fast.
I would like to get our HOG's serviced. Purchased from DRIS. Who do you recommend? We don't have any issue with shipping.

Since these guys are independent techs and do not seem to be an auth dealer, would they not charge for fixes?? If something is covered under warrenty, would they be paid for the work via Edge??? Just trying to figure this out, not start a war. If not paid via Edge, then they would have to charge for any work, warrenty or not. True???

Warranty work would be done by an authorized dealer with genuine parts. And as stated the work they did was not done with HOG parts and they did not know the specs required for the 5th port. And yes they would have to charge for the work, but why should you have to pay for something that you otherwise would not need to?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom