Hawaii-land-based vs liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be going to kona next month. Can anyone recommend a good and reasonless dive shop near wakaloha?

For diving nearby, I would recommend Kohala Divers. It's about 20 minutes north of the Hilton Waikoloa, has an amazing new boat and great staff.
www.kohaladivers.com/

But you might also want to think about diving with Kona Dive Company. That drive is about 35 minutes to the boat. KDC

Done two liveaboards (Galapagos and GBR). Following.

Not having done the Kona liveaboards, all I can say is that I would recommend doing the liveaboard and then doing 2-3 days on shore afterwards. In particular, the big island is awesome for non-diving as well. (though watch your altitude if you go to Mauna Kea!!!)

If you want to keep costs down, you can do a lot of nice shore diving from the Big Island. If you want to get as many dives in as you could from a LOB, it seems like you could do boat charters in the morning, then go do a couple of shore dives in the afternoon. Or, of course, shore dives all day.

Back
Top Bottom