Hawaiian Live Cams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Last edited:
I have a link somewhere for live cams in Alaska.

The only live cams I know of are the traffic cams. Not exactly what you're looking for, I'm thinking. :wink:

I checked out the camera in front of the Duke Kahanamoku statue that you posted a link to - it was pretty entertaining - I kind of felt like a peeping Tom. It's surprising the number of people lining up to take pictures in front of it at 6:30 a.m.

Lisa, there are tons of them. I've even seen one in Cozumel UW, looking at a reef.
Just type in Hawaii Web Cam in your browser. Here's one for Hawaii :D
http://www.seearoomhawaii.com/webcams/

Try this link to one of the best beach webcams I've ever seen. I think it's "down" right now but when it's working it's really cool. It's a live streaming video of Charley Young Beach in Kihei, facing towards Molokini Crater.

http://www.mauirealestate.net/video.html

chepar:
I checked out the camera in front of the Duke Kahanamoku statue that you posted a link to - it was pretty entertaining - I kind of felt like a peeping Tom. It's surprising the number of people lining up to take pictures in front of it at 6:30 a.m.

it is funny, isn't it? would they do what they do if they knew they were on camera???

Thanks for all the links folks! I put them together and posted them in my first post. Some really cool stuff, love the one from Mauna Kea! :wink:

You can get stills and, supposedly, streaming video at www.surfline.com. Look down the leftside of the homepage and you should see a list of cams, mostly for Oahu North Shore beaches but one or two south shore spots. You have to sit through a streaming surf ad or two before the still pic pops up. Doesn't really show dive spots but at least it's a clue....

chepar:

OK - It's 6:45 and I'm in a room right across the street - So, my wierd experience is walking to the window, checking the action [3 guys going up on the stone in turns] then returning to my screen to see them! It's real folks - but about 30 seconds delayed. If I had my coffee yet, I'd be quite amused!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom