HBO & Game of Thrones in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcpowell

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This is not "scuba" related, but it is Cozumel related and hopefully there are some fans who can help/advise.

My family and I will be in Coz for the week beginning May 18th. Well, if you're a GOT fan, you know the final episode is airing May 19th! Our condo doesn't have HBO and neither HBOGo nor HBONow works outside the USA...such a dilemma! My son, daughter, and I are fans.

Any advice as to where we could watch the final episode?

Download a VPN - like Strong VPN on your laptop and you can log in to HBO Go that way - but do it before you get here.

Use a VPN while travelling.

Nordvpn is one that I see on YouTube sponsoring a bunch of videos.

Heck use a VPN when in the states on open wifi.

I tried a VPN a couple of months ago while in Canada. HBO came back with a message saying I couldn't access their service while using a VPN! Do y'all know it will work (maybe I did something wrong)?

Try it before you go? Choose a VPN server in the US and give it a go.

I tried a VPN a couple of months ago while in Canada. HBO came back with a message saying I couldn't access their service while using a VPN! Do y'all know it will work (maybe I did something wrong)?

All VPNs are not the same. If one doesn't work, try another. Media content services try very hard to block them because licensing and contracts limit what they can provide regionally. I don't know if they care deep down if people in one region access the content authorized for another region or if they just have to make a good faith effort to protect from liability but they will block a VPN when they discover it. You might use a given VPN for years then one day it gets detected and blocked. You just move on to another one. It's a war that they cannot win but apparently one that they must fight.

Well - it doesn't always work from devices such as iPad or iPhone - because they have internal location trackers, so even if you are logged on to VPN, they can detect where you are - and if you turn location services off, it won't let you log in - you just have to play with it - some work, some don't. I have an actual VPN router in my house

I'll have all the episodes on my laptop when I get there on the 24th, but I doubt you want to wait till Friday to watch it.

Back
Top Bottom