Hdvseatek O-rings identified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Hdvseatek PLB dive canisters are great for around $100 USD delivered, depending on which web site you order from. Just lube the o-ring with silicone grease for every trip, more often if your trips last over a week, and replace the o-rings yearly. My problem has been finding replacements. I ordered a couple from the supplier in Australia, and he sent them okay - but surely we can find them here for less than $6 each?!

Here is the label sent to me by Hdvseatek. I have no idea what all of that means or how to shop for the same thing. Anyone...??

Edit: We had an ongoing disagreement as to the answer and which o-ring to order. This seems settled now, as the o-rings desired are 75 mm ID, and JohnnyC has corrected his post #2 to include the corrected link. McMaster-Carr

My email to the company that included the same photo was quickly answered with a confirming link to the same model 1302N689.

Hdvseatek O-ring.jpg

Hdvseatek PLB dive canisters are great for around $100 USD delivered, depending on which web site you order from. Just lube the o-ring with silicone grease for every trip, more often if your trips last over a week, and replace the o-rings yearly. My problem has been finding replacements. I ordered a couple from the supplier in Australia, and he sent them okay - but surely we can find them here for less than $6?!

Here is the label. I have no idea what all of that means or how to shop for the same thing. Anyone...??

View attachment 540971

Here's the (correct) McMaster link for the same o-ring. 70 Durometer is its hardness. 75mm is it's inner diameter. 4mm is the thickness of the o-ring (so 83mm OD). $7 for 10 of them.

McMaster-Carr

Entire spacecraft have been lost over such. It seems to make sense that the ID would be the factor to require along with thickness, but I'm only guessing. So, I hope we can settle this before anyone orders a bunch of o-rings that won't fit.

No No No! the 75 is the inner diameter of the O-ring, instead of the OD.

Michael

That’s a big difference. That could be a flood vs no flood. I have some time before I need a replacement o-ring. Which are we 100% sure about? It’s a hung jury so far. :) my understanding is that it’s a metric o-ring so it’s ID x CS but I could be wrong which is also likely. :)

Heh.. good thing I finished the thread before ordering o-rings :wink:. Would have been $10 down the tubes.

wikipedia agrees with me:
Metric O-rings are usually defined by the internal dimension x the cross section. Typical part number for a metric O-ring - ID x CS [material & shore hardness] 2x1N70 = defines this O-ring as 2mm id with 1mm cross section made from Nitrile rubber which is 70Sh

Michael

I could have sworn I sorted by ID and just copied the data. Good catch!

Updated the link in the first post. Here it is again:

McMaster-Carr

Heh.. good thing I finished the thread before ordering o-rings :wink:. Would have been $10 down the tubes.
Yep. I have edited post #1 with caution about ordering until we settle this disagreement. I will attempt to edit again when we resolve this.

That’s a big difference. That could be a flood vs no flood. I have some time before I need a replacement o-ring. Which are we 100% sure about? It’s a hung jury so far. :) my understanding is that it’s a metric o-ring so it’s ID x CS but I could be wrong which is also likely. :)
Well, if you ordered the 67 mm o-rings to fit a canister with 75 mm OD, I don't think it'd fit.

I have emailed that company for help.

No No No! the 75 is the inner diameter of the O-ring, instead of the OD.

Michael
Thanks for your input.

I looked around the house for something to measure my spare o-ring but have nothing that measures in mm, and besides - doubt that I could measure accurately. My attempt provided 2-7/8" ID, or 2.875" which converts to 73 mm, but my accuracy is doubtful.

I could have sworn I sorted by ID and just copied the data. Good catch!

Updated the link in the first post. Here it is again:

McMaster-Carr
So are we in full agreement now so that I can edit post #1?

Back
Top Bottom