Headed for Puerto Vallarta come June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caseywilson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Banderas Scuba Republic is at the top of my dive shop list at the moment. Can you convince me of a better operation to go with?

We did a week with PV/SeaDive and had a very good time with them. All of the dive boats that we saw were the small pangas. The one that PV/SeaDive had had been customized with fiberglass for the entire interior so it was set up a little better than the others that we saw. Sue and Mark were good divemasters and the captain was very good at avoiding the rest of the crazy stuff that humans do on the surface.
The other thing about Puerto Vallarta is that we had the most extreme thermoclines we had ever experienced. It could be 78 F on the surface and for the first 20 feet and then go to 62 at 25 feet. We were looking at the surface temp reports and thought we would be fine in our 3 mm with heated vest. I wound up borrowing their 7 mm and still used the heated vest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom