Headed to morehead city! Tips? Advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there all this past week. Dived Sunday, Monday, (Tuesday was a no go 8' foot sea) Wed, and Thurs. The best vis was Wed. 25'-30' on the U-Boat. Thursday the Indra had about 15' 20' vis. Not many pictures or videos this trip :(

Sorry to hear that but was afraid that might be the case based on other posters. Plan to go out with Olympus next Friday and Saturday but may posepone until July if conditions don't improve.

Since you missed the meeting with your trip leader, I am sure he is going to give you a "detailed" information sheet.

But, In the mean time.....

1. If you think you might or might not get seasick, take your meds the night before and the day of diving.
2. Follow all directions from the Captain and Crew!
3. Store your gear in your allotted SPACE! And keep track of your own gear.
4. Watch your gas consumption and dive times.
5. Make your safety stops.
6. Follow the anchorline to the wreck and return to the boat via the same anchorline.
7. Don't collect shells with live creatures residing inside.
8. Tip the crew.
9. Bring and eat YOUR own food/snacks.
10. Stay hydrated.
11. Make sure your gear fits and works BEFORE you get on the boat.
12. If you wear a wetsuit, be properly weighted.
13. Wear a watch.
14. Stay with your buddy.
15. Have fun and take lots of pictures!
16. After diving, be sure to visit the waterfront of both Beaufort and Morehead City!

Sorry to hear that but was afraid that might be the case based on other posters. Plan to go out with Olympus next Friday and Saturday but may posepone until July if conditions don't improve.

I'm trying to write a dive report but my heart just isn't in it. I did do my 2000th dive on the Aeolus 6-10-13 DIVE#2000 seas 2’-3’ dive 4of7 AEOLUS 105FSWmax 21min total 21% 69F15’-20’visibility.

I'm trying to write a dive report but my heart just isn't in it. I did do my 2000th dive on the Aeolus 6-10-13 DIVE#2000 seas 2’-3’ dive 4of7 AEOLUS 105FSWmax 21min total 21% 69F15’-20’visibility.

Congratulations on your milestone dive! Wish your trip had been a better experience and I understand why your heart is not into it. Not sure if I will do my trip this week given the latest info. Living nearby, I have the luxury of last minute trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom