Headed to Nassau in 3 weeks - Dive recommendations ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've dove with Stuart Cove's several times, and reccomend them. They're well organized, well run, and pretty good value (especially if you book your dives before you leave on your trip).

If you dive for the whole day, the boat crews are good at sizing your skillz up and making sure you're diving with like-skilled divers. Take your own lunch, though- the selection of lunch snacks was rather limited on our last couple of trips, and there's no other sources of food nearby.

All the best, James

Many sincere thanks. I think I also read somewhere that they'll pick you up from your hotel which would be awesome.

Thanks!
This is true, although as far as I know all the dive ops will pick you up at your hotel.

We prefer to drive ourselves, it's easy and you can sleep in a little bit. Especially you aren't rushed to get off the boat and onto the bus at the end of the dive day - you can shower you and your gear off lazily.

All the best, James

Stuart Cove's will pick you up on Paradise Island since they're located on the south side of New Providence. Here's a link to the shuttle schedule: Stuart Cove

Another option is Bahama Divers, they're located near the bridge to Paradise Island. You could probably walk there. (w/o gear)

The third (new) option I've just heard about is Paradise Dive Charters.

afaik, those are your only options for Nassau/New Providence.

Bahama Divers is closer. only just over the bridge from PI. Their sites are at least comparable to SC's. although they don't shark dive. They do have the Lost Blue Hole though!
Worth considering since you'll be about the last stop for the bus! on a LONG route!
Cove's win hands down, but you've got to be looking at an hour long bus trip. Each way!!

hey Sj, have you seen any prices from paradise dive? are they compareable to SC's or BD's? or are they more the bespoked charter service of the Custom aquatics calibre?

hey Sj, have you seen any prices from paradise dive? are they compareable to SC's or BD's? or are they more the bespoked charter service of the Custom aquatics calibre?
I was just about to ask you the same thing. :rofl3:

Since you're there and I'm not likely to be in that area again for at least a couple of years...

Mate, i don't even know where they're based. i'd guess PI but only from the name. i'll do some research and get you back.
I'd reckon they're the north east's version of what Fran and Monty are doing in the south west.
But i reckon some strange ol'things!

Bahamas Diving - Custom Dive Charters in Exuma and Nassau Bahamas

More likely competition for Bahama Divers. But there's nothing on the website to indicate where they're located.

Back
Top Bottom