Headed to Nassau in 3 weeks - Dive recommendations ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'll bell them up in the am and have the crack.
BD NEEDS the competition! the sites to the north are exceptional. the sea life is unused to divers. three weeks ago at Light house reef i had three eagle rays circleing me for about two mins. not even scared, just curious! Wow!

depends on how many pick ups. to be fair at this time of year there's not too many. but the route is round the houses and at atlantis your at the very start of the run!
I used to live on PI, it'd take me about 50 mins door to dock and i dive like a psycopath!

I want to thank everyone here VERY much for taking the time to post and respond.
I ended up going down to Nassau for my sister's wedding, and did 2 boat dives with Stuart's Cove, including the shark dive which was amazing. Nice facility, nice boats, friendly staff, nice dives, etc. Dives only 10 minutes from dock. Great water and visibility.
Yes, the docks were 45 min each way from the Atlantis, but it makes sense now that I am familiar with the layout of the island and it's geography.
Thanks again everyone, all the info here in the forums is always such a huge help :)

Here are some photos from the Stuart's Cove Dive:

shark1900-web.jpg

shark1676-web.jpg

shark1880-web.jpg

shark2032-web.jpg

shark1870-web.jpg

shark1764-web.jpg

shark1791-web.jpg

shark1845-web.jpg

I just got back from the Bahamas on Sunday. We booked our entire trip through Stuart Cove's and my girl friend and I were both very pleased with the trip. The diving was very good and shuttle service to and from our hotel was reliable and on time. That said we stayed at the Orange Hill and that Inn is very close to Cove's dive shop. It serves as the last pick up stop and first drop off, making the shuttle much easier to deal with.

Of the dives we did most were very nice. If you go and they suggest diving Tunnel Wall I would see if they will take you somewhere else. That wall was void of any notable coral life and we saw very little fish life as well. The most memorable dives for me were Port Nelson, the Shark Adventure Dive, Southwest Reef and Pumpkin Patch. The Bond Wrecks is good as well with a unique site for macrophotography ranking as one of the best in the world.

I've been reading a number of Nassau posts since I'm headed there end of February. Dove with Stuart Cove years ago, and had some great dives. I did however read that bottom time for dive operations seem to be an issue - that these people are pushing people to be 30 to 35 minutes which to me is silly - I am there for me, not for them. Wearing a dive computer, and being in that fabulous water, makes me want to take it easy, stay in the water for at lease the maximum safe bottom time.

Did you get any pressure to 'move on' on your dives?

I typically prefer small dive operations with small fast boats for better variety, fewer beginners than the cattle cars, and most importantly - maximum bottom time.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom