Heading to Jamaica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes it is good diving. No, I would not make it a yearly destination. That being said, I do make Cozumel a 1x/yr destination, then try to add a new place. But 2020 might be a duplicate - socorro and cozumel lol

Don't get me wrong, there was a time when I was CZM 3-4x/yr, and then discovered there was more out there that I was missing out on.

We've been to Negril four times since 2003, with this December's trip coming up.

We've also branched out to Puerto Aventuras (and the cenotes) on the Yucatan mainland, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, and Cabo San Lucas, among other places.

Diving variety is what keeps it fun.

Don't get me wrong, there was a time when I was CZM 3-4x/yr, and then discovered there was more out there that I was missing out on.

We've been to Negril four times since 2003, with this December's trip coming up.

We've also branched out to Puerto Aventuras (and the cenotes) on the Yucatan mainland, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, and Cabo San Lucas, among other places.

Only 1 thing I did not like about diving in negril - Sandals limited you on depth based on certification, rather than proven experience. That's ok, wife walked away with an AoW.

Socorro, i could not get enough of, i must go backk. CZ from texas is cheap and I love the restaurants, 18 trips since 1990

How was cr?

How was cr?

We love Costa Rica, both times dived in the Guanacaste region. Bat Island trip is amazing, especially the dive site known as Black Rock (pinnacle out in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by schools of thousands of fish). Diving the Pacific is what eventually lured us to Cabo.

The dives on the north side are ok. Not great. Just ok. I Only dive there because my wife likes the sandals resorts there.

The dives on the north side are ok. Not great. Just ok. I Only dive there because my wife likes the sandals resorts there.

There's a Sandals Resort in Negril with a gorgeous beach with clear calm water, not quite sure why the north side trumps that for her LOL

Try Cano Island out of Uvita. Much cheaper.

It looks interesting, there sure isnt much information out there other than scuba ops.

Back
Top Bottom