Heated Drysuit Undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taath

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all,

Looking at some options for heated undergarments for my drysuit.

Looking at a few options as was hoping to get opinions from those that may have been through a similar process and/or tried some of these products.

Cheapest and simplest option seems to be the Thermulation Yellow or Red Plus. No external battery to mount, don't need a bulkhead or to change out inflator valve. thermalution.com

Also, looking at something like the Santi heated vest combo set. Even paying shipping to the US and ordering from Dir-Direct, this seems like a pretty solid deal. Looks like a one stop shop as it includes the battery, the bulkhead, and the vest. Santi Heated Vest Combo Set

Lastly, looking at the Light Monkey Heater base, heater valve, and 15ah heater pack. This is definitely the most expensive option.......

Side note, anyone work with a Thermulation, Santi, or Light Monkey dealer and might be able to get help me get some good prices?

Thanks in advance,
Taath

Dive Right in Scuba is a Santi dealer. Give them a call and see what they can do for you.

I'm using a Santi vest powered by an UnderWater Light Dude pack. I'm extremely pleased overall with it as that combo seriously saved my butt after a full suit flood in 41F/5C water with an extremely miserable 50 min swim out. The downside to the UWLD controller is it is extremely sensitive, a light bump can change the setting. I've minimized this by putting inner tube over it.

I have the Santi gloves and use them in cold water. I've as yet to plug them in as I find my hands warm enough with with them unplugged, even while scootering.

A few dive buddies had the Light Monkey controller and liked it, it is well made, but they ended trading them out for the UWLD stacked combo. I prefer my Focus light to the UWLD, so I carry 2 cans.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom