Heavy shaking and illness after dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobbeJK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Alright, so I just got home from Croatia - whilst I was there I went diving twice (Got my Open Water in 2014 and I have about 13 dives total since I only dive on vacation). Nonetheless I went diving, all good, then I got home and I'd say a total of maybe 4 or 5 hours after the last dive I started shaking like crazy, I could barely hold a glass or drink; I also started feeling really ill, (This lasted for the remainder of the day (I think it was around 19:00) until afternoon the day after).
I have no clue what is the cause of this, but I am quite certain it is diving related as I did nothing except hang out by the pool and the sea all week.
So essentially I am just trying to figure out what is the cause of this, and if it's something I should be concerned about.

Thanks on forehand// Robert

More information will be needed about how deep and long the dives were, we soon after diving that you flew home and where exactly the dives were, but calling DAN medical advice would be a quick start to more information. GOOD luck!

Hello there,
you include not details about the kind of diving, what activities you did after diving and your way of travel.
Best advice seek medical advice from a hiperbaric doctor. Explain what happened and how you feel.
There is no shame in consulting a dive doctor. If you have DAN call them. It is free. If you don't subcribe and call them ... call them even if you di not subscribe they will help you anyway!
I just witnessed 2 undeserved DCS with no PFO involved ... so seek qualified advice (this does not include what you get from this forum or me for the matter).

Then let us know.
Hope this helps.

More information will be needed about how deep and long the dives were, we soon after diving that you flew home and where exactly the dives were, but calling DAN medical advice would be a quick start to more information. GOOD luck!
Hello there,
you include not details about the kind of diving, what activities you did after diving and your way of travel.
Best advice seek medical advice from a hiperbaric doctor. Explain what happened and how you feel.
There is no shame in consulting a dive doctor. If you have DAN call them. It is free. If you don't subcribe and call them ... call them even if you di not subscribe they will help you anyway!
I just witnessed 2 undeserved DCS with no PFO involved ... so seek qualified advice (this does not include what you get from this forum or me for the matter).

Then let us know.
Hope this helps.
Well, earlier I have only done 12 meter dives, but now I did 20 meters. We went diving for I think an hour at a time, with 30 minutes in between. The dives where not so far out of shore outside of Makarska in Croatia. Nothing really happened during the dive, slowly went down to 20 meters and stayed there for the majority of the time and then went up slowly again, no issues at the time. As for my way of travel there was transfer to the diving center with car and then we went out to the two diving spots with a relatively small boat. Then back again to shore and then went back to the hotel. After that I was in the hotelroom in a call with a friend until I started shaking and feeling ill. This was on thursday and I went home to Sweden (Plane) this saturday. (I arrived in Croatia last saturday).

Why do you think it might be related to the dive?

R..
Nothing else out of the ordinary happened during the week apart from the dive, no trips, no activities, just swimming in the pool, sleeping, and eating essentially. All of those things seem relatively harmless, and I'm guessing it was the dive since I haven't been diving for almost a year and thus may have made some mistake.

You were in a foreign country eating foreign foods, probably from restaurants, etc. The symptoms you describe fit the pattern for food poisoning fairly well but they do not fit the pattern for a diving related ailment like DCS at all.

Just a thought, but what did you eat that day?

R..

Over the years I have had two cases where I got violently ill, nausea, shaking, that came on suddenly. Both were on foreign travel, once in a part of east germany and once in Paris. Neither had anything to do with diving. Just picked up a bacteria that I was not familiar with. The only possible link with the diving might be bacteria in the water.

PS: Thank goodness for the ability of French pharmacists to give me some codeine to put my gut to sleep. In both case drank lots of fluids and coke for electrolytes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom