Heavy shaking and illness after dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread is being moved to the dive medicine forum. This does not appear to be an accident/incident.

You were in a foreign country eating foreign foods, probably from restaurants, etc. The symptoms you describe fit the pattern for food poisoning fairly well but they do not fit the pattern for a diving related ailment like DCS at all.

Just a thought, but what did you eat that day?

R..
Before I went diving I hadn't eaten all that much, just a few slices of plain bread and ice tea, since I left the hotel at 9am.

This does sound more like a GI illness than a diving-related incident. Are you feeling better now?

Best regards,
DDM

Before I went diving I hadn't eaten all that much, just a few slices of plain bread and ice tea, since I left the hotel at 9am.
When I don't eat enough, and then get in good exercise, I get the shakes from low blood sugar, which I have heard of in divers trying to avoid seasickness by not eating breakfast. I hope you did not have a return of symptoms?

Hypoglycemia eat a candy bar. Sure sounds like it, I have been having the shakes and feeling weird all my life when I don't eat. In my case if I just work through it will go away. most of the time I stop and eat something relax and 20 minutes later it's gone. Go get a blood glucose test If it keep appearing and causes concern. Hopefully this is not Diving related.

How much time from your last dive until you flew on the plane ?

The guy didn't fly before he got sick. He went diving, cane back to the hotel an felt sick.

Robbe call Sahlgrenska or Karolinska, both those hospitals got good doctors ta ask for help and advices.

at least call vårdguiden on 1177 and ask them. Do you still have any symptoms/issues?

My father have had some problems after dives if we dont do slow ascends and at least 3 min safety stop. His symptoms were headache, bad stomach and no energy. No problems for him if he eats before and slow ascends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom