Heavy shaking and illness after dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hypoglycemia eat a candy bar. Sure sounds like it, I have been having the shakes and feeling weird all my life when I don't eat. In my case if I just work through it will go away. most of the time I stop and eat something relax and 20 minutes later it's gone. Go get a blood glucose test If it keep appearing and causes concern. Hopefully this is not Diving related.
Alright, well I think it's rather safe to assume it is not diving related (fortunately enough) based on the replies. Yeah, I think I will head to the clinic tomorrow and simply ask about it.

The guy didn't fly before he got sick. He went diving, cane back to the hotel an felt sick.

Robbe call Sahlgrenska or Karolinska, both those hospitals got good doctors ta ask for help and advices.
Alright, I'll hesd to the local clinic first and see if they can confirm what it is, if not or anything is unclear I'll probably call Lunds Universitets Sjukhus (closer to where I live).

Alright, seems reasonable - yes, it only lasted until the afternoon the day after.

Good to hear. Thank you for following up.

Best regards,
DDM

at least call vårdguiden on 1177 and ask them. Do you still have any symptoms/issues?

My father have had some problems after dives if we dont do slow ascends and at least 3 min safety stop. His symptoms were headache, bad stomach and no energy. No problems for him if he eats before and slow ascends.
Yeah, I'll check with the local clinic tomorrow; none, I've had nothing for for just under a week now. Okay, I'll keep that in mind for my next dive, I very rarely take the time to eat before dives, which most likely didn't help with the situation.

I travel to Croatia often and can't even swim because the Adriatic is so cold....I can't imagine diving as I don't wear a wet suit....we're you warm enough? May have been hypothermia?

The food there is to die for...never ever had a bad meal anywhere in that region....

Also, if I remember correctly I did get a bit dizzy and I definetly had poor balance.

Could be the eardrums... but yea call some doctor to check it up. Dont wait, just call them :coffee:

I travel to Croatia often and can't even swim because the Adriatic is so cold....I can't imagine diving as I don't wear a wet suit....we're you warm enough? May have been hypothermia?

The food there is to die for...never ever had a bad meal anywhere in that region....
It was quite warm the first 15 meters, the last ~5 were quite cold, but not too bad - I did go diving without the hood on though. I'd say I was warm enough, it was still 15+ and in most places 20+.

Could be the eardrums... but yea call some doctor to check it up. Dont wait, just call them :coffee:
Possibly, yeah - just going to grab some breakfast and then head to the clinic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom