Heel springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveHoug

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I'm in the process of making my own spring straps for my finns and wanted to hear if any body have expirence with the spring size, outer diameter and wire diameter, preferbly in metric units (mm)

There are a bunch of threads on here about springs straps. Since I see that this is your first post I will suggest that you do a search. Or just skim through the DIY forum.

Hi

I'm in the process of making my own spring straps for my finns and wanted to hear if any body have expirence with the spring size, outer diameter and wire diameter, preferbly in metric units (mm)

I made mine this year with these springs and this tubing over them. Both from McMaster/Carr... Search for the instructions (I used the ideas from Wayward son's excellent info)...I used SS shackles because I have Aqualung Blades that work fine (round QR posts). They seem to be working great. I've used them all this year and no rust, no wear, no problems so far...

Steve

That McMaster spring is a good buy for small quantities. I just checked a few of the manufacturers I use and you'd need to order 50 of them on your own to get into that price range.

Lee Spring does offer what seems to be that spring. Springs, even when purchased from stock have a very steep discount as quantity rises.

Back
Top Bottom