Helium prices ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5.0 is the lowest grade I ever accepted for selling to clients.
At least around here its all grade 5. The industrial tanks are vacuumed once before refilling while the UHP tanks get two vacuums pulled. I dont know how strong of a vacuum they pull.

There is no balloon grade and any grade higher than UHP (5 nines) would be a special order.

We have balloon grade available, as well as UHP from 46 to 60 and BIP. But for diving they sell N46 in 50 liter 300 bar cylinders.
Regarding shortage, last time I remember encountering a backorder for liquid helium (an unexpected MRI fill) was something like 2007.
For the past couple of years, despite shortages, we always get what we need for MRIs. Latest next morning if needed.

For the past couple of years, despite shortages, we always get what we need for MRIs.
Me, I don't have a problem with MRI scanners getting priority over sport divers.

*dons flameproof suit*

2.75 cu/foot ottawa

I was under the understanding helium is a product of nuclear decay far under the earth, hence its source from natural gas deposits and the reason there is a dive classification was to filter out the free radical helium to prevent cancer causing particles from entering your lungs and for purity of the gas mix(other noble gases etc.)

canada 2.75cu/foot
It is a product of radioactive decay of uranium and thorium and found in natural gas deposits. It is separated from methane (natural gas) cryogenically. There is no such thing as "radioactive" or "free radical" helium atoms that have to be filtered out and there is no filter that could do that anyway.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom