Hello fellow Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbles McGee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Wanted to say hello to everyone here. Massive board. Lots to check out.

Open water certified last September through London Scuba Centre in London, Ontario. Did my check out dives at Sandals Grande St Lucian on St Lucia in October (great group of people). Going for PADI Advanced in May on Grenada. I absolutely love this sport! Looking forward to some great conversations and learning as much as I can.

Thanks!

howdy and welcome from southeast florida usa.....good luck with your scuba advancement and enjoy the blue underwater world.

Welcome from out East. I was in London and area years ago. Is there much opportunity for fairly close local diving other than driving to the 3 Great Lakes around there?

Welcome from out East. I was in London and area years ago. Is there much opportunity for fairly close local diving other than driving to the 3 Great Lakes around there?

We're pretty central in south west Ontario being half way between Detroit and Toronto. Being new to the sport, the only place I've heard of close outside the Great Lakes is the quarry in Innerkip, just outside of Woodstock. Folks from our LDS go to Gilboa, Ohio for quarry diving quite a bit. There is the Tiller wreck in Lake Ontario, Tobermory on Lake Huron which is some of the best diving in Canada and other places. I need to bring back some Lobster from Clearwater the next time I'm out your way.

Cheers!

We're pretty central in south west Ontario being half way between Detroit and Toronto. Being new to the sport, the only place I've heard of close outside the Great Lakes is the quarry in Innerkip, just outside of Woodstock. Folks from our LDS go to Gilboa, Ohio for quarry diving quite a bit. There is the Tiller wreck in Lake Ontario, Tobermory on Lake Huron which is some of the best diving in Canada and other places. I need to bring back some Lobster from Clearwater the next time I'm out your way.

Cheers!
Yeah, let me know if you're ever out our way. We are shortly moving to the Halifax area if you want to hook up for a dive. Those folks you mention that go to a quarry in Ohio are driving a long way for that---not to mention the border.

Yeah, let me know if you're ever out our way. We are shortly moving to the Halifax area if you want to hook up for a dive. Those folks you mention that go to a quarry in Ohio are driving a long way for that---not to mention the border.

Yeah. That is a long drive. I love Halifax. Went to Salty's for dinner that last time I was there. Oh and of course went to The Chickenburger in Bedford. I'd love to go for a dive out there. Might need more than a 3mm I think though.

Yeah. That is a long drive. I love Halifax. Went to Salty's for dinner that last time I was there. Oh and of course went to The Chickenburger in Bedford. I'd love to go for a dive out there. Might need more than a 3mm I think though.
Sounds good. I almost always use my 7 mil farmer john (though a time or two I have used the shorty in Aug. when water temps. were high 60s to 70F---16-20C). PM me if you are in the area--some decent shore dives on St. Margarets Bay.

Welcome to the board. It is great to see a fellow Canadian. This is a fantastic place to get information, advice and to meet some interesting people.

Back
Top Bottom