Hello from a Visually Impaired diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doll Fin, I missed your post, glad 300bar pointed you out. Glad to hear from you. Gosh we should get all the VI divers we can and do a trip. :) Really mess with the resort or boat.\

...especially if we all whipped out those red-tipped white canes right before we went into the water!!:rofl3: (I actually have enough sight that I don't need one, but damn that would be a funny image!!!) Heck, we could always go visit my friends' dive op in St. Thomas... then we'd be "VI in the VI"!!!! I'm on a roll tonight!! (Blame it on all the damn hurricanes!!)

~~^~~

DOLL FIN I'm in, let's go. It would be a sight, and fun.

I do use a cane from time to time, when needed, like in an unfamiliar area, or when my eyesight just isn't doing as well. it fluctuates from bad to worse.

I just posted more photos of our Curacao trip to: http://web.me.com/denningj

These are more of a first sort of photos, and some are cropped, a few are edited, but most not touched more than a crop. But if you'd like to see em, I hope you enjoy.

...especially if we all whipped out those red-tipped white canes right before we went into the water!!:rofl3: ...
A photo in our HSA Dive Buddy training manual is of a diver with his red and white cane diving in the clear waters of the South Pacific, perfecly horizontal in the water and using his cane as he swims in mid water column!

Darn, I thought that would make a great photo.

I am going to try and plan another nice trip next year, maybe June. Not sure where yet. Either liveaboard like Nekton in Bahamas, or Wind Dancer, or to Roatan (Coco View). Been to CocoView before and LOVED it.

But it would be great if some other visually impaired, or other disabled divers could join me. If anyone is interested in talking about it let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom