Hello from Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brown Mermaid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, everyone, I'm just another fellow diver, who is always interested in diving, diving information, trips, water and other divers. I'm from Chicago and no I don't do Lake Michigan but I do the quarries up here until I go on a dive trip. I manage about 2-3 a year and in between time I dive in the quarries with the dive club I belong to. I will be in Cozumel fromthe 7th-14 for the annual Summit of the National Associaton of Black SCUBA Divers. It is always a great time and diving when I go to this Summit -- and no you do not have to be of African American descent to either join, dive, or be in any of its affiliate clubs. We are all divers and love it. After that I will be in dry dock until March when I join with a Michigan club that goes to Bonne Terre Mines in Missouri (about an hour out of St. Louis). It's a tad chilly and dark in those mines, but it is always a lot of fun.

I tried to load my picture up, but alas it was too large so, now I have to find another to load.

So if you have the inclination, holler at a sistah diver, I love corresponding with other divers.

Michele :ircqnet:

Brown Mermaid:
Hello, everyone, I'm just another fellow diver, who is always interested in diving, diving information, trips, water and other divers. I'm from Chicago and no I don't do Lake Michigan but I do the quarries up here until I go on a dive trip. I manage about 2-3 a year and in between time I dive in the quarries with the dive club I belong to. I will be in Cozumel fromthe 7th-14 for the annual Summit of the National Associaton of Black SCUBA Divers. It is always a great time and diving when I go to this Summit -- and no you do not have to be of African American descent to either join, dive, or be in any of its affiliate clubs. We are all divers and love it. After that I will be in dry dock until March when I join with a Michigan club that goes to Bonne Terre Mines in Missouri (about an hour out of St. Louis). It's a tad chilly and dark in those mines, but it is always a lot of fun.

I tried to load my picture up, but alas it was too large so, now I have to find another to load.

So if you have the inclination, holler at a sistah diver, I love corresponding with other divers.

Michele :ircqnet:

HI Brown Mermaid!

Welcome to Scubaboard.

I also was born and raised in the Windy City.

And I'll miss you by 2 weeks in Cozumel. I am familiar with your organization. (I think I've seen a web link?)

Keep Diving!

Enjoy Scubaboard! Glad you found us.

Ummmmmm Hawaii, ummmm. My brain cells are suffering from squeeze. Hopefully, I will make it to Hawaii, again and be able to dive. Last year I did the American Stroke Association Marathon in Kona, but didn't get a chance to dive.

Michele

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Glad you've found us! It's a great place to find out more about anything to do with diving.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll simply click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. My favorite is at the bottom: Singles Dive Club.

Completing your Dive Info will help in future diving discussions. You can use the Quick Links menu above for this. Sizing a photo for your profile or Avatar can be a challenge; I'm a fumbling amateur, but I get the job done, if you'd like any help?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Welcome to the board, Michele.

All you need to do now is to come to where the water is a little warmer and dive more often. If you're ever in NC or FL, drop me a line - I'm always looking for new dive buddies.

Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

WELCOME to ScubaBoard, Michele!!
Jump right in, read, glean information, respond to questions; but I hope you have better time management skills and self discipline than I do, this board is so full of information, I don't believe I can keep up.

Now for my stock message, which is still under construction:
This is a great place to meet people, talk about diving, and get information on just about any aspect of diving -or other subjects sometimes- that you can think of. Roaming through the forums is great help for me.
Now get wet with us and dive into the forums to ask questions, answer those that you can and even chat with folks about diving dreams and nightmares. ScubaBoard is a great place to spend your required Surface Intervals.
When you post a question, be as sure as you can that it's in the right forum or you'll probably find it moved.
The folks here are passionate about their diving, some about their specialty, so the reading can get very interesting, sometimes very hot.
Don't forget, if you haven't already done it, to fill out you profile as completely as reasonable, it'll save you being asked and having to repeat the information often.
Enjoy!

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom