Hello from cold Canada :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Babycakes

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey Folks,
Just a quick intro as I only have a few minutes. I'm from Ontario Canada and have been fortunate to dive and snorkel in some lovely locations - Tobermory ON, Punta cana DR, Alberferia Portugal, Medieras Portugal and Puerto Vallerta Mexico.
I'm going on a Caribbean cruise (Carnival Victory - Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St.Kitts, St. Maartan, St./Lucia and Barbados) in a few weeks and looking for advise of where to dive and a recommended PADI dive shop - my pocket book can only afford 2-3 locations.
I'll post more details in a separate forum.
Happy New Years!

Hello and welcome to scubaboard! Where in Puerto Rico will you be? I am guessing San Juan... I am headed to PR at the end of March for a weeklong vacation and am also trying to plan dives. So far I am planning on diving while staying in Fajardo and while on the island of Culebra. Try Find a dive shop, scuba diving shop, dive resort or scuba dive shop to find dive shops where you are staying and then search the forums to try to find reviews. Enjoy!

Babycakes,

Welcome to SB.

I took the same cruise about three years ago...the cruise was fun and we had a great time. We dove at thru the ships excursions packages. The plus side if you go thru the ship then the ship will wait for you if for some reason you are late and they will pick you up at the pier (little to no planning on your part)...the down side is the ship excursions tend to be a little bit more pricier with better bargins if you are willing to put in the planning effort. So if you have a dive knife there is a good chance the ship will "hold" it for you; you can pick it up each time you leave the ship and turn it in each time you return. I would leave the knife at home.

We dove at St Thomas...nice easy dive...a small wreck. We also dove at St Kitts, the weather was very rough and the trip really should have been cancelled, but the underwater was nice. Neither site had the wow of Cozumel, but they were nice. The Cruise itself made up for it.

I did my AW in San Juan just prior to the Cruise. I went thru Scuba Dogs - Puerto Rico (Scuba, Diving, Sport, Buceo, Natacion, Natación, Travel, Swimming) in San Juan for the training. They were very friendly. The dives in San Jaun are shore dives in a park next to the Hilton. Good for training but again not much wow. The shop set me up with a Dive Charter on the western side of the island. The boat was very nice, but on one dive the DM left the students and other divers as he was running out of air, thus we all ran out of air and was scattered over a half km from the boat. I ran out with the boat in site and swam 100m the rest of the way back. Another couple (more experienced than I was at the time) surfaced, inflated their sausage and waited to be picked up. Great learning lesson, but needless to say left a very poor impression on people.

If you can make it I highly suggest going here... Bioluminescent Bay - Fajardo - Reviews of Bioluminescent Bay - TripAdvisor
There are numerous tour companies...

I know I wasn't much help...perhaps others will be more helpful.
:colours:

welcome aboard!!!!!
if you do get to dive st.kitts,give me a report back,pleeeeeze!!!
my dive buddy leaves for there tomorrow for med.school, and i want to make sure he's not lying!!!!
have a great time-be safe!
you're the one responsible for yourself diving,not a dm or buddy
yaeg

Hey Folks,
I'm going on a Caribbean cruise (Carnival Victory - Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St.Kitts, St. Maartan, St./Lucia and Barbados) in a few weeks and looking for advise of where to dive and a recommended PADI dive shop - my pocket book can only afford 2-3 locations.
I'll post more details in a separate forum.

Babycakes,

If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you post your Carnival Cruise question/information here:

Forum > Regional Forums and Dive Clubs > Greater Caribbean and Bermuda > Trips and Local Marketplace... Greater Caribbean and Bermuda

:admingreet:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom