Hello from Columbus, Ohio!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tygur90

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Newly certified open water diver here. Just completed my open water checkouts with a local dive shop called Aquatic Adventures and am headed to the Great Barrier Reef on 24-25 AUG 2019. So excited! Would love to hear if anyone has advice for me. Am doing a one night live aboard called Ocean Quest by a company called Divers Den out of Cairns.

hello from west ohio! welcome to scubaboard

Welcome. Are you going to Australia for other reasons? I ask because I doubt you're going to such extremes to spend one day or so diving. It'd be great if you could squeeze in more dives, but enjoy whatever you are blessed to do.

Richard.

Welcome! I did a live aboard back in 7/2017 on the GBR. Coolest dives were the night dive and the morning dive, make sure to take a UV/Blacklight torch with you and find a giant clam! The soft corals and the clams make for an amazing underwater glow show at night! They are pretty strict about there dive regulations out (they monitor and track every minute you are on the reef) there so expect 63 ft^3 tanks (limited dive times vs standard 80 ft^3). Could have been the company we went with but just a heads up. Also, they have these towering cylindrical reef structures there called 'bombies' that go from 70' or so all the way up near the surface. These were awesome and you could spend a entire dive circling one from the sea floor up! Obviously keep an eye out for Nemo (I attached a picture of the clowns I found while there :) ) Have fun and be safe!

P.S. if you have any extra time in Cairns and want to see something other than the town, we did a four wheeler trail ride excursion in the nearby mountain jungle and it was awesome. I can give you the company info, send me a message if interested.

Attachments

• Nemo2.jpg
    Nemo2.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 21
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom