Hello from East Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey, ScubaBoard!

Longtime lurker, first time user. I'm trying to get more serious about keeping up my dive skills between vacations, so I figured I'd hop on here and try and track down some potential local East Texas dive buddies!

I'm a relatively new diver looking to get more experience under my weight belt with some local dives. I'm PADI AOW certified, as well as Nitrox (EAN40) with NAUI, with about ~30 dives between the Atlantic, Caribbean, and local lakes. I've been diving several times in Riviera Maya and Cozumel, but I'm wanting to keep up my skills with local lake dives.

I know of The Scuba Ranch (Clear Springs Scuba Park) in Terrell, TX, and Athens Scuba Park in Athens, TX, but I've only dove at the Scuba Ranch a handful of times. If anybody is ever diving at these locations on a Saturday shoot me a message and perhaps we can meet up! I'm still fairly new to diving (~30 dives) and have mostly only done dives with DMs, so I'm definitely interested in learning the ropes with the whole "just go dive with a dive buddy" thing.

I know of Scuba Steve's and Buoyant Life and have been trying to coordinate diving with their training weekends, but I'm also interested in developing a list of other local dive buddies to dive with on weekends that the LDS aren't in the water.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. A great place to be during surface intervals. Good to have you onboard.

Hey, ScubaBoard!

Longtime lurker, first time user. I'm trying to get more serious about keeping up my dive skills between vacations, so I figured I'd hop on here and try and track down some potential local East Texas dive buddies!

I'm a relatively new diver looking to get more experience under my weight belt with some local dives. I'm PADI AOW certified, as well as Nitrox (EAN40) with NAUI, with about ~30 dives between the Atlantic, Caribbean, and local lakes. I've been diving several times in Riviera Maya and Cozumel, but I'm wanting to keep up my skills with local lake dives.

I know of The Scuba Ranch (Clear Springs Scuba Park) in Terrell, TX, and Athens Scuba Park in Athens, TX, but I've only dove at the Scuba Ranch a handful of times. If anybody is ever diving at these locations on a Saturday shoot me a message and perhaps we can meet up! I'm still fairly new to diving (~30 dives) and have mostly only done dives with DMs, so I'm definitely interested in learning the ropes with the whole "just go dive with a dive buddy" thing.

I know of Scuba Steve's and Buoyant Life and have been trying to coordinate diving with their training weekends, but I'm also interested in developing a list of other local dive buddies to dive with on weekends that the LDS aren't in the water.

Can you do a trip to blue lagoon in Huntsville. Good place to train adn good water with vis

I dive Scuba Ranch and would be happy to meet up on a couple weekends. Athens and Huntsville are good for me too! Fell free to shoot me a message any time!

Howdy from San Antonio! Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Hey all, I'm Mike. Been reading this forum for years, just decided to join.

I'm near Rockwall, TX myself, and would be interested in diving the local scene a bit. Mostly dive in tropical areas, Florida, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Bahamas, etc.

We are pushing toward our retirement dream of fulltime sailing a large catamaran around Americas Great Loop and island hopping in the off winter months. Haven't dove much in the last 10 years since moving here, but prepping for lots of diving in retirement. Recently have decided to make the switch to BP/W and will be starting to sort/test the gear out come spring (I dont do cold water). I have mostly dived solo, but I do play well with others as well.

I am PADI certified, Master Scuba Diver with Nitrox (and most other specialty cards). I am conservative and level headed in diving (apart from my affection with solo). When with a buddy, I take the role seriously, as if you were my brother or sister.

I am looking for other divers/buddies/groups. I prefer buddies with advanced training (not necessarily MSD/DM), but an OW card and a good head on your shoulders is great too. I have refused/called dives before when the "Insta-Buddy" seemed likely to compromise my safety, hence my fondness for solo diving.

If interested in talking scuba, making scuba friends, and potentially becoming a trusted dive buddy, feel free to contact me at: hippie.with.a.cowboy.hat@gmail.com

Cheers,

Mike

I am planning a trip down that way next year. Maybe we can meet up and get a couple of dives in.

DW

I'm out at Scuba Ranch quite a bit myself, usually helping with OW classes as a DM. Just recently got my son certified and need to get him out diving to build up his skills and keep him familiarized with being in the water. Normally at Scuba Ranch I try to keep at or above the thermocline to avoid the colder darker water hear the bottom but I'm pretty well up for anything. As you can probably tell from my avatar, typically I'm a ffm diver but again I'm pretty open to anything. I do need to make a trip to Blue Lagoon soon as it's been a little over a year since I've been there. Bur provided I don't have plans with the fam I can usually get out to blow some bubbles pretty regularly. That may lessen a bit with the weather turning colder.

Shoot me a PM though and I'll give you my mobile so you can text me or whatever. I'm ALWAYS up to talking scuba!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom