Hello from Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James123

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello. I got certified in open water and nitrox just over a month ago. I decided to make the plunge and buy my gear instead of renting after I got certified. I went through SSI. Interested in getting certified in deep diving and wreck diving as my next steps.

Thanks.

The Gulf and the Keys. Maybe Crystal River. Exploring the options as of now.

In case it may help, my trip report Key Largo with Rainbow Reef Dive Center 2013 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fl...iving-key-largo-rainbow-reef-dive-center.html

I'm not familiar with Florida's gulf coast diving. While it's not a quick drive for you, at some point you'll probably want to check into West Palm Beach and Jupiter, Florida, for some diving options (e.g.: goliath grouper and lemon shark aggregations).

Richard.

Welcome. I see you are in Clearwater. Check out Tanks A Lot Dive Charters. They run out of the Seminole ramp, have gone out with them several times and always a great experience.

Hey there, welcome to scuba board! I'm from sarasota and do tons of diving in the clearwater/bradenton area. I'm an independent instructor but I also love just Diving with new buddies for fun. If you ever want to go diving and see some of the best spots in florida I'd be happy to go with you. Feel free to message me anytime.

Thanks Rich for that write-up. For the Keys, I was thinking of taking the Key West Express from Fort Myers down there and book a charter within walking distance to a hotel. Thought it might be a fun way to get there besides driving. Matt, I was looking into Tanks-a-lot in June but they were booked weeks in advanced. I've been looking at Dive Clearwater. Blac thanks for the offer. I might hit you up at some point if you are free on Sundays or Mondays.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom