Hello from Grey-Bruce County, Ontario, Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

Recently got certified this past September. Had to get with the program if i didn't want to be stuck at home or in a hotel room while my better half was diving :wink: Have done a couple Caribbean trips since and loving diving more and more.

My fiance and I have bought most of our own equipment as we want to do some diving locally in Ontario. Have read and heard of some good spots to go to.

Wondering if there is anyone out there on the Scuba Board who lives in the area? Hoping to find some buddies or another dive couple to go out with. We don't know anyone else in the area who dive.

Looking forward to being a part of the community and contributing i the future as I gain knowledge and experience.

Cheers,

TJ

howdy and welcome from southeast florida usa....hang in there I'm sure your neighbors will surface here shortly.

Welcome to Scubaboard and glad you joined the forum. Lots of divers in Ontario. There is an Ontario forum.

Welcome to the 'Board'......and congrats on your certification.....currently live in Toronto and moving to London.....There's the London Skin Scuba Club and Sarnia Scuba Club........I hope to be in touch with both when my wife and I move in about a month.....Also the London Scuba Centre runs trips throughout the year. Based on my research there are numerous dive sites in Lake Erie, a few in the St Clair River and south Lake Huron. Of course, Tobermory is famous for clear cold diving. On my bucket list, well maybe. Last August did my first and only freshwater diving in the Brockville area checking out a few 19th century wrecks. The good news is that there's no thermacline in the St Lawrence and the water temps were in the mid 70s. Viz isn't as good at this time of the year compared to the Caribbean. Bonaire and Curacao are my favourite diving spots. Unfortunately my wife isn't a diver but a terrific bubble watcher and snorkeler. :cheers:

Welcome @BufflyMuscles
We have quite a few members from Ontario here on Scubaboard. Compressor has given you the link over to that subforum. Feel free to dive in!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom