Hello from Indianapolis Indiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HoosierDiveBuddy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Glad to be a part of this community. I have found a new activity that I love! I'm a new diver and I'm sure I will find a bunch of good information on this site!

Not yet! Looking at a Grand Cayman or a Cozumel trip through PADI Travel in December of 2019 though. Trying to figure out what to do over the winter...

Cozumel can be a great trip, with a lot of options; My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip

The Caymans can also be excellent; I dove there via a live-aboard, but wrapped my broader info. into my trip report in 2016. It's such a popular destination a lot's been posted about the Caymans since then.

Even during winter a number of Caribbean destinations feature warm water diving, but if you want it especially warm, and below the hurricane belt with good chances of good weather, Bonaire and Curacao are good choices down in the southern Caribbean near South America.

There are other options, but you've got to start somewhere.

Richard.

Welcome to SB. I'm also in Indy. GC and Coz are great choices. Would also look into planning trips on your own. Can be cheaper ways with a little research. Indy MPH (where I did my OW training in 1998) and Diver's Supply both offer trips throughout the year. Some look pretty good.

What did that deer do to you?

Is that a Brown County deer?

Enjoy SB. I've learned a lot here.

By the way, nice buck. I don't hunt (like to eat them though; heavily tenderized deer tenderloin, fried, can be very good), but come from a family of hunters, and grew up in an area where it was very prevalent.

Richard.

Welcome to SB. I'm also in Indy. GC and Coz are great choices. Would also look into planning trips on your own. Can be cheaper ways with a little research. Indy MPH (where I did my OW training in 1998) and Diver's Supply both offer trips throughout the year. Some look pretty good.

Is that a Brown County deer?

Enjoy SB. I've learned a lot here.
The buck was taken about 15 miles southeast of Bedford last year. Thanks for the good info on trips!

Welcome! For the first 10 years or so of my diving life I lived just east of Indy. There is plenty of good local diving and lots of quality buddies around. More than you'd expect! I'd encourage you to join the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew forum here on SB. They also have a FB group. I'd also encourage you to look into the Indy Dive Club based out of Divers' Supply Indy on the eastside. Good people!

I now live in South FL. If you ever get down here to the diving mecca between Jupiter on the North and Key Largo on the South, let me know. I dive regularly down here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom