Hello from Indianapolis Indiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@danalovesscuba
What did that deer do to you?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Made the mistake- and a fatal one- of getting in the gun sights of @HoosierDiveBuddy
There are still people who hunt - some on land for animals and some under the water for marine life
I do not judge you for your inquiry
I do not judge the OP for his actions-- only that he didn't send me a hunk of the venison (aka dead deer)
Please do not judge those who hunt marine life

Bedford ? wasn't that he location of the classic movie about bicycle riding- Breaking away ?

SDM

Wrecking Crew is much more active on FB these days.

@danalovesscuba
Made the mistake- and a fatal one- of getting in the gun sights of @HoosierDiveBuddy
There are still people who hunt - some on land for animals and some under the water for marine life
I do not judge the OP for his actions-- only that he didn't send me a hunk of the venison (aka dead deer)

Bedford ? wasn't that he location of the classic movie about bicycle riding- Breaking away ?

SDM
I think Breaking Away was actually Bloomington at Indiana University. (May be wrong though) Very close. About a half hour north of Bedford.
20171121_150152.jpg

I would LOVE to try spear fishing for some Lion Fish in the Caribbean! Or any fish for that matter. Top of the list would be to grab some Lobster! This is true dream of mine. Looking at next December!

I made 60 pounds of jalapeno cheddar summer sausage out of that buck. Along with 20 pounds of Jerky and several filet steaks. It did make a bunch of my family friends happy.

@danalovesscuba

SDM
My sister in law's dad lives in LA. I send him Summer Sausage and he sends me avocados from the tree in his back yard. Love avocados!

I would LOVE to try spear fishing for some Lion Fish in the Caribbean! Or any fish for that matter. Top of the list would be to grab some Lobster! This is true dream of mine. Looking at next December!

I've never done either; you'll see in other threads many have a passion for spear fishing and going after lobster and abalone. Have you read about lobster hunting? I ask because it seems each year we read fatality threads related to lobster diving, and mention of the potential for moray eel bites when you reach in holes, so have the right gloves if you do. Reef sharks can take a strong and potentially unhealthy interest in your speared lion fish (big green morays may come, too; I got to watch that happen not long ago...); whether the reef sharks are likely to be a concern varies with region.

I'm not discouraging the practice, just thinking if you're fairly new to diving, trying to hunt underwater and use gear for that might focus your attention to the point you don't notice you've, er, 'got company.' Not every place allows hunting.

Richard.

And keep your arms inside the car -- another car can come along and tear it off--0-
Or it can be torn off by a Moray reaching inside a hole for a lobster …

Then there are some who grab morays...

SDM

And in Nap Town ?

Nothing unusual for us - after a weekend of 55º+, temps dropping to mid 30's this week with nighttime temps down to 20. And for fun, the high temp today is 39º with a windchill up to 10º below that and expecting showers of rain and snow!

Hi from Brownsburg, IN

It is times like this I wish I had not moved back to Indiana from North Carolina

Back
Top Bottom