Hello from Kalamazoo, Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Becca_007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I guess it's time to introduce myself...

I am a born again diver who was originally certified 16 years ago but never did any dives with that original certification. This past April we went to Maui for our vacation. While planning the trip we started talking about scuba diving while there. The problem was there wasn't enough time to get into a good class before we left, and we didn't want to burn through 3 days of our vacation time while down there. So, we decided to be content with snorkeling and maybe the next vacation could include diving.

In the end I didn't take the basic again due to cost. But, he did and he absolutely loved it. Yay! I just gained a great dive buddy. I did read the material as he was taking the class and was always asking questions to help refresh my mind on those long ago learned skills. Maybe a week before his class was over we started talking about taking the Advanced Diver class together. This would increase our knowledge, and allow me to get refreshed as well.

Then came the gear debate. Do we rent for class, or would that just be throwing money away? We decided to purchase. While searching for information and reviews about particular pieces of dive gear, google kept bringing me to this forum.

So... I own gear (but I'd like to add a few things still), completed the NAUI Advanced Diver class last weekend, and have made 4 local dives this month. We will be doing another local dive tomorrow or possibly Monday. We are hooked :wink:.

welcome aboard

Howdy and Welcome to SB.com!
f2.gif

Click Forums at the top to start checking all the choices, and try our :search: feature. Hope you enjoy your time here. Click my Username to PM me if I can help? Helpful Hint: I have UserCP bookmarked as the page I go to first when I come onto SB.

thnks1agan.gif
don :cowboy:
[c]
f6.gif

[/c]

Thanks for the welcomes. I am pretty bummed we did not get to dive over the weekend. Stupid Michigan weather is causing colds already. Course today it's 92F and I guess I wouldn't want to struggle getting into my wetsuit anyway!

For whatever reason I never really got into posting here but I find myself perusing the forums on a regular basis. Being in Michigan (no dry suit yet) I'm here even more in the colder months!

We have been having a blast diving. In April of 2009 we did our first dive trip. Hotel Cozumel food was good and the diving was even better. In two weeks we will be heading to Little Cayman. I kind of think all of our vacations will be dive related now :p.

While we enjoy the getaways and the clear blue water where you can see for forever some of our best dives have been within an hour of home with all the dive friends we have made. Visibilities of 5ft or less and water temps in the 50s... bring it on!

We also made a couple of longer trips to some quarries and the visibility is amazing to us. Lol. This summer's goal is to get out to some Great Lakes shipwrecks. I'm a little apprehensive about the temperatures we are sure to encounter, but I'd still like to try it. With my 6.5mm semi-dry I can only tolerate 42F for a very short time. Actually, it's my hands and feet that end up too cold.

Anyway... I find myself reading here more often again and posting when I can. Thanks for the great community and wealth of information.

Back
Top Bottom