Hello From Key West!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rae HalfTheHill

MSDT/Captain
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Heeeeellllllloooooo Scubaboard!

Been a reader on the site now for a few weeks (mostly to pass some time at work...oops!) and finally decided to make a profile. Although I have only enjoyed a year as a certified diver, I instantly fell in love with the sport and rapidly pursued more experience and certifications. I am currently in the middle of my Divemaster training and loving every minute I get to spend with the LDS I am working with.

I have spent a ton of time on here reviewing accidents and near misses, mostly to make up for somewhat of an "experience gap" that I may have in actually experiencing when things go south. To date, the only "near miss" I have had is when I was diving in a group on the Vandenberg and one of the group members burned through way more air on the second half of the dive than anticipated and I had to share air....but more on that in the near misses forum.

I am looking to learn as much as I can from everyone on here. In my opinion, if I am not learning something about diving every day then I am not doing the best I can as a DMC to further my knowledge base and become the best diver possible. Anyway, I look forward to posting and getting to know some of you!

Howdy from Texas, and welcome to ScubaBoard! You live in an awesome place!

Back
Top Bottom